+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial PR card delay in 2011

Macintosh

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
I landed on 11th Feb 2011 at the CIC office.
I was advised of 6 to 8 weeks or 30 business days wait time prior to the delivery of my initial PR card.

That was the day and now, at times I have called the cic and all I get to hear is Printer has issues, delay due to technical issues and or the most common excuse is it may now take up to 8 weeks. We apologize for any inconvenience and that you are advised to call back later. You patience is always appreciated.

I could have applied for an emergency travel permit at or around that time of landing and I would have received it by now. I have been scheduled for a corporate conference in Mexico for 5 days on 30th March.

I would like to know who is responsible, the officer whom i believed and who actually prefer not to apply since I will receive soon as it has been quicker these days, system or the minister.

Why cant they understand we have a whole life dependent to it.
I have given up all my hopes. It is ridiculous when they advised me of applying from Mexico for an emergency permit. Now can it be believed that emr. travel prmt. is issued right away.

If I go back home. Doesn't make any sense. I have work in Canada, family here. It could take a while to have that processed and involvings risks like photo is not sexy enough to let you enter or what not.

Macintosh

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Has anyone around here received his/her PR card in March or even feb.
If yes, can you please mention the date of landing.
That will at the least give me an estimated idea of whats going on?

Cheers

mapplelover

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-8-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-06-2012, VISA 11-06-2012, PP Arrived 20-06-2012
i think we should write to the minister to petition change the pr card policy. they should give the card immediately on landing. many or almost every landed immigrants have this problem. they have to travel or some situation and the non excused delay of photos not clear is not good enough. they need to do something about this

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapplelover said:
i think we should write to the minister to petition change the pr card policy. they should give the card immediately on landing. many or almost every landed immigrants have this problem. they have to travel or some situation and the non excused delay of photos not clear is not good enough. they need to do something about this
You are stating something that is incorrect "many or almost every landed immigrants have this problem".

It is more likely that the majority of immigrants "land" and remain in Canada, they receive their card at a later date.

Providing cards at the time of landing would mean that a PR card would have to be printed for every PR issued.
Why waste money printing cards for people who (in some cases) do not land, are refused entry or for other reasons do not take up PR?

By all means write to the minister, don't hold your breath for a change in process.

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
I landed on Feb 5th and I was told it will take upto 4 months to issue the PR card as there are lots of back logs.

After 7 weeks I received a letter from CIC asking to resubmit my daudhter's photo as it does not meet specifications......not sure how as my photo and my spouse photo are also in the same dimensions and specs....anyways...some excuse from their end....

I have no immediate travels plans so its ok for me now at this time....

Manul999

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
I have done my landing on 16th of September 2010 in Calgary.
After two months, on 17th of November they send me a letter, that my photo was refused because of "poor quality". I didn't know what that exactly meens?
After that they have refused again my two new photos in January and February...
Last time they whrot though "background color"...
What does it meen exactly?!
So I went to my last photographer and asked him to make a black&white photo and clean up completly the whole background, so that it was "snow-white". And it worked!
My PR-Card came to my mentioned address on 24th of March.
But at that time I was already out Canada... I had to travel urgently... So my friends got my PR-Card.
Now I am looking for the best way, i.g. the best mailing service in order to get my PR-Card safe from Canada to Germany.
Do you know which is the best post service to use in this case? :'(

P.S. Good luck to all those friends who are still waiting for their PR-Cards!

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
We Landed on 19 Feb 2011 .. My husband got his Pr card yesterday (in 29 business days) .. i didn't get mine though :(

coyne20

Oct 18, 2010
Me and my wife landed in Vancouver on the 30th June 2011 as immigrants through the federal skilled worker scheme. However till date, we have not received our PR cards. I provided to the IO my sister in laws mailing address who resides in Calgary during the landing process but nothing has come through the post. Since then I have had to return back to my home country. Is there a delay?

coyne20

Oct 18, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me and my wife landed in Vancouver on the 30th June 2011 as immigrants through the federal skilled worker scheme. However till date, we have not received our PR cards. I provided to the IO my sister in laws mailing address who resides in Calgary during the landing process but nothing has come through the post. Since then I have had to return back to my home country. Is there a delay?

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
We have landed on July 25,2011 but there is no response related to our PR cards yet.
The wait is on....... :eek:
I came across majority of landed immigrants waiting for their PR cards since a long time. :(

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Hi,

We landed on July 8th and got PR Cards for all on Sep 15th.. It took a total of 65 days including holidays to get our PR Cards after date of landing. I know some of the forum members who landed during May and June got their PR Cards... I think you guys should immediately contact CIC..

Regards,

Satish

ramansra685

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Ludhiana
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-dec-2009
File Transfer...
17-feb-2010
Med's Request
13 jan-2011
Med's Done....
26 jan-2011
Interview........
with the grace of god it waived off
Passport Req..
13-jan-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26TH MAY 2011
LANDED..........
landed on 16th july 2011
HEY GUYS ITS NEARLY 4 MONTH FOR THAT I HAVE LANDED IN CANADA BUT STILL I HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY PR CARD. BUT THE THING IS MY HUSBAND RECEIVED THE PR CARD AS I WAS THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT. I CALL THE IMMIGRATION AGENT THEY ASK ME TO WAIT FOR ONE MORE MONTH AS IF NOT RECEIVED PR CARD IN BETWEEN THEN GIVE US A CALL AGAIN. PLZ LET ME KNOW WHAT CAN BE THE REASON FOR THE DELAY

Macintosh said:
I landed on 11th Feb 2011 at the CIC office.
I was advised of 6 to 8 weeks or 30 business days wait time prior to the delivery of my initial PR card.

That was the day and now, at times I have called the cic and all I get to hear is Printer has issues, delay due to technical issues and or the most common excuse is it may now take up to 8 weeks. We apologize for any inconvenience and that you are advised to call back later. You patience is always appreciated.

I could have applied for an emergency travel permit at or around that time of landing and I would have received it by now. I have been scheduled for a corporate conference in Mexico for 5 days on 30th March.

I would like to know who is responsible, the officer whom i believed and who actually prefer not to apply since I will receive soon as it has been quicker these days, system or the minister.

Why cant they understand we have a whole life dependent to it.
I have given up all my hopes. It is ridiculous when they advised me of applying from Mexico for an emergency permit. Now can it be believed that emr. travel prmt. is issued right away.

If I go back home. Doesn't make any sense. I have work in Canada, family here. It could take a while to have that processed and involvings risks like photo is not sexy enough to let you enter or what not.

cforcanada

Mar 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So did you get your PR card yet? Please let us know. Did they send the mail to your sister in Calgary, or to the Vancouver address? Hope you gonna get it fast.

Cheer up

danjo

Oct 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2009
Med's Request
Sept 2010
Med's Done....
Oct 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 9, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received March 28
Hi,

Can you please provide a number where we can call them to inquire about pr cards. i received mine but nothing for my son and its been 4 months now from landing. we did not receive any letter for my son.

thank you.

danjo