+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

initial landing to Canada

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,
i was wondering , in the initial landing to Canada after getting the PR visa , should i take my spouse and kids? or i can go for 1 or 2 months to settle in , then let them come later ? as i mentioned in the applications that they will accompany me to Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sshehab said:
Hi ,
i was wondering , in the initial landing to Canada after getting the PR visa , should i take my spouse and kids? or i can go for 1 or 2 months to settle in , then let them come later ? as i mentioned in the applications that they will accompany me to Canada.
You can do either. As long as you are the principal applicant, they can come later. It must be before their COPR documents expire, obviously.

sshehab

Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your fast reply , they also need to fill a lot of forms and applications as me in the initial landing , or i'll fill all applications on behalf of them in my initial landing .. so when the arrive they will go to the counter check the passport then customs and finally collect luggages , Kids are horrible in the airports :eek:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sshehab said:
Thanks for your fast reply , they also need to fill a lot of forms and applications as me in the initial landing , or i'll fill all applications on behalf of them in my initial landing .. so when the arrive they will go to the counter check the passport then customs and finally collect luggages , Kids are horrible in the airports :eek:
They all do their own paperwork. You can't do it before they land. There isn't that much to do at landing anyway.

bun_ny_18

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC, Novo Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-11
Nomination.....
09-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2013
Med's Request
31-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
Passport Req..
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Hi,
Can anyone advise me...My brother in UAe applied under the MpnP..he received his visa with expiry date of january 2015...however, he decided to get married prior going to canada, last month...he has informed the visa office in UAE...but has not receive a reply yet...will he have to apply again.?does anyone here know situations like this....

Recks1925

Jun 2, 2014
bun_ny_18 said:
Hi,
Can anyone advise me...My brother in UAe applied under the MpnP..he received his visa with expiry date of january 2015...however, he decided to get married prior going to canada, last month...he has informed the visa office in UAE...but has not receive a reply yet...will he have to apply again.?does anyone here know situations like this....
I guess your Brother just have to wait for the reply of the embassy. His deadline is until next year anyway. He might be requested with additional documentations or medical test of his Wife. Not sure.. but most probably.

Your'e also from the Phils?

bun_ny_18

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC, Novo Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-11
Nomination.....
09-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2013
Med's Request
31-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
Passport Req..
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Recks1925 said:
I guess your Brother just have to wait for the reply of the embassy. His deadline is until next year anyway. He might be requested with additional documentations or medical test of his Wife. Not sure.. but most probably.

Your'e also from the Phils?
yes, thank you...i guess he has to wait for the instructions..Yes, im also from the philippines

Recks1925

Jun 2, 2014
bun_ny_18 said:
..Yes, im also from the philippines
I've seen your application trail, it took you 2 years to receive approval or your VISA.. that was fast.

We are waiting for PR Visa as FSW and already submitted our Medicals, just in case it will come out soon and given a year validity of VISA, what is the most preferred month to go to Canada? We planning to seek our luck in Edmonton or Calgary. Do you think we need to consider the winter season? Thanks so much for your input. Mabuhay Kabayan!

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
Hello buddy

The validity of PR visa is only good for 6 months based on our experience.

The atmosphere during end of year/winter season is a bit lonely and the mood is not upbeat because of the weather wherein 7am the sun is not up up yet and 5 to 6pm is dark already. If you have a family to support you or friends around it will help in your transition. Other thing is during end of year, most organization starting to wrap up and bit relax in the hiring process. But this is not always be the case.

But if you don't have any choice but to leave and settle in, any season will do. The most important thing is to prepare each member of the family to the new environment and always have a support system.

Good luck!

bun_ny_18

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC, Novo Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-11
Nomination.....
09-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2013
Med's Request
31-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
Passport Req..
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Recks1925 said:
I've seen your application trail, it took you 2 years to receive approval or your VISA.. that was fast.

We are waiting for PR Visa as FSW and already submitted our Medicals, just in case it will come out soon and given a year validity of VISA, what is the most preferred month to go to Canada? We planning to seek our luck in Edmonton or Calgary. Do you think we need to consider the winter season? Thanks so much for your input. Mabuhay Kabayan!
Hello rocks,
We will land canada this coming july....we were advised to leave this summer season, so it is easy for us to adjust with the cold climate in canada..,with regards to our visa application as MPNp, we actually reapplied, because our application got lost due to poor postal services here in the phil...so our timeine started May 2013 when we resubmitted appliction to CIC, after 3 mnths thats august, we had our medical, by october 2013 we got our visa already, so it took about 5 to 6 months only..our visa release was fast , because we were prioritized due to the siege we had here in our city.......thank you for ur reply...will be leaving nxt week....God bless u...hope ull get ur visa soon

Recks1925

Jun 2, 2014
bun_ny_18 said:
Hello rocks,
We will land canada this coming july....we were advised to leave this summer season, so it is easy for us to adjust with the cold climate in canada..,with regards to our visa application as MPNp, we actually reapplied, because our application got lost due to poor postal services here in the phil...so our timeine started May 2013 when we resubmitted appliction to CIC, after 3 mnths thats august, we had our medical, by october 2013 we got our visa already, so it took about 5 to 6 months only..our visa release was fast , because we were prioritized due to the siege we had here in our city.......thank you for ur reply...will be leaving nxt week....God bless u...hope ull get ur visa soon
Good luck on your journey to a better life. I am praying for your safe trip and success.
I also received our notice to submit passport (thank you Lord). I guess I will be the first to travel on Nov. 2014 and my wife to follow by January or February 2015. Wish us luck. Take care Kabayan.

bun_ny_18

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC, Novo Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-11
Nomination.....
09-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2013
Med's Request
31-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
Passport Req..
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Recks1925 said:
Good luck on your journey to a better life. I am praying for your safe trip and success.
I also received our notice to submit passport (thank you Lord). I guess I will be the first to travel on Nov. 2014 and my wife to follow by January or February 2015. Wish us luck. Take care Kabayan.
Woowww...pag may PPR na....mabilis na lng po yan kabayan :) stamping of visa na lng yan.. :) God bless u and ur wife....thank you ! Thake care too