+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial inquiry about Employer LMIA application-Urgent Help needed

n4yeem

Aug 24, 2014
Hi
I run a small IT based business. I am in need of an IT expert with many different skills.Currently I employed several individuals through oDesk and other outsourcing medium. It is not helping me as I need someone to run my office and do the same job .I am finding it very hard to match someone with the requirements that I am after. I am thinking to get someone from overseas. I know i need to apply for LMIA in order to find an overseas employee. My questions are as follows..
1) How old the company should be before applying for LMIA?
2) As a brand new company can I apply for LMIA?
3) How many LMIA can i apply for as i need at least two highly skilled individuals (any restrictions on number of LMIA)?
4) How much money the business should generate in order to apply for LMIA?
I would appreciate if someone can help me with the answers of the above questions. Thank you in advance.

sara94

Apr 13, 2016
LMIA

Hey All,

I have electronic Engineering diploma of Two years and have almost 1 and half year experience in Technician job. But somebody is ready to give LMIA in Manager post that is totally different from my field.

I need some guidance that do i have to take chance for this LMIA or i have to search for LMIA under my field. I have only 6 Months left so please guide me.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: LMIA

sara94 said:
Hey All,

I have electronic Engineering diploma of Two years and have almost 1 and half year experience in Technician job. But somebody is ready to give LMIA in Manager post that is totally different from my field.

I need some guidance that do i have to take chance for this LMIA or i have to search for LMIA under my field. I have only 6 Months left so please guide me.

Thanks
Hard to say if either the LMIA or work permit will be successful. If you are being hired as a manager but have no experience in the field, then it's possible the LMIA could be refused (because the employer could just as easily hire someone else with no experience in the field without going through the LMIA process). It's also possible the LMIA could be approved and the work permit refused because CIC doesn't feel you have the experience for the job. Or it's possible both could be approved. Impossible for any of us to say.