+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information

Trini star

Jan 1, 2022
Hi all
So i am in a situation here where my wife is a Canadian citizen.i am outside of canada my father died recently i now have power of attorney for my mom and i am looking after my mom so my wife want to sponsor me to canada under spousal sponsorship but i need to bring my mom also as i have to take care of my mom

Any suggestion from the brilliant minds here please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all
So i am in a situation here where my wife is a Canadian citizen.i am outside of canada my father died recently i now have power of attorney for my mom and i am looking after my mom so my wife want to sponsor me to canada under spousal sponsorship but i need to bring my mom also as i have to take care of my mom

Your spouse can sponsor you. Only option for your mother is a visitor visa. She cannot live in Canada or access services. Make sure she has good health insurance. She needs to show her own funds, travel history and strong ties to return to home country. Once you are in Canada and PR, supervisa (long term TRV) is an option but she needs to pass her medical.

Trini star

Jan 1, 2022
Your spouse can sponsor you. Only option for your mother is a visitor visa. She cannot live in Canada or access services. Make sure she has good health insurance. She needs to show her own funds, travel history and strong ties to return to home country. Once you are in Canada and PR, supervisa (long term TRV) is an option but she needs to pass her medical.
My mom has eta
Can she extend.her tine once in canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all

If your mother needs to live with you your spouse should be looking to move to where you are not to come to Canada. She isn’t guaranteed entry to Canada even with the ETA. Her arriving with you as you land in Canada as a PR is a red flag that she may be attempting to move with you to Canada which is not possible. If CBSA suspects she is trying to move to Canada with you she could be denied entry to Canada or given a limited stay. She will also not qualify for healthcare in Canada so you would have to pay out of pocket if you can find doctors and hospital willing and able to accept her as a patient. There is a shortage of healthcare professionals in Canada and most doctors and all hospitals are required to prioritize parents with provincial healthcare first. If you have power of attorney of your mother she must not be in good health. Is that the case? Does she have medical needs? Could she pass a medical? Can she live independently?

Trini star

Jan 1, 2022
If your mother needs to live with you your spouse should be looking to move to where you are not to come to Canada. She isn’t guaranteed entry to Canada even with the ETA. Her arriving with you as you land in Canada as a PR is a red flag that she may be attempting to move with you to Canada which is not possible. If CBSA suspects she is trying to move to Canada with you she could be denied entry to Canada or given a limited stay. She will also not qualify for healthcare in Canada so you would have to pay out of pocket if you can find doctors and hospital willing and able to accept her as a patient. There is a shortage of healthcare professionals in Canada and most doctors and all hospitals are required to prioritize parents with provincial healthcare first. If you have power of attorney of your mother she must not be in good health. Is that the case? Does she have medical needs? Could she pass a medical? Can she live independently?
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So guys
What if i get pr and then sponsor my mom for super visa
Is this doable
You have to meet LICO and you haven’t even moved to Canada yet. Do you have a job lined up to show income? Need to get to Canada first. Once you can show T4/NOA, she can apply and needs to pass the medical and one year health insurance. It is still a visitor visa.

Trini star

Jan 1, 2022
You have to meet LICO and you haven’t even moved to Canada yet. Do you have a job lined up to show income? Need to get to Canada first. Once you can show T4/NOA, she can apply and needs to pass the medical and one year health insurance. It is still a visitor visa.
So I'll hv to be there for 1 full year before that?

In regards with her medical
She has
Diabetes and hypertension and memory loss

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So I'll hv to be there for 1 full year before that?

In regards with her medical
She has
Diabetes and hypertension and memory loss
Well you need to meet LICO for 3 people. Given is it February, IRCC wants to see stable employment so this year’s tax statements. She cannot apply for SV inside Canada.

She has to pass a medical to get a supervisa. She will not know until it is passed. She will need health insurance to cover her health issues. Most likely paying for drugs out of pocket.

Trini star

Jan 1, 2022
Well you need to meet LICO for 3 people. Given is it February, IRCC wants to see stable employment so this year’s tax statements. She cannot apply for SV inside Canada.

She has to pass a medical to get a supervisa. She will not know until it is passed. She will need health insurance to cover her health issues. Most likely paying for drugs out of pocket.
Thanks