+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information required about NOC 1111

pak1

Jun 15, 2009
I have a 4 Years Bachelors degree in Business Administration and i am working for 1-1/2 (one and half) years as a Accountant in a private firm. i want to know that does my Degree and work Experience Qualifies for NOC 1111, which is about, "Financial Auditors and Accountants".

One of my Friends is currently working as a Assistant Accountant. does he also Qualifies for NOC 1111,
or he has to be at the Accountant's Designation for to be a eligibal candidate.

duggalca

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
You got points for your education, but to qualify in a particular category you must have worked for one year in that profession. And as you have worked as an Accountant, you qualified in NOC 1111

mind

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014 10:20AM
IELTS Request
Sent with application
You will qualify if you have managerial level experience in this cat. NOC 1111. This is what I think.

Wait others to reply.

Thanks,
A

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
mind said:
You will qualify if you have managerial level experience in this cat. NOC 1111. This is what I think.

Wait others to reply.

Thanks,
A
i dont think you need managerial experience for 1111

somey11

Nov 23, 2009
Lahore
NOC Code......
Hi All,

please help to resolve my problem

my wife is accountant in a small level company, NOC is 1111. my question is that she did MA Economics. i think job experience does not match against qualification, will it problem in immigration? i want to apply soon. thanks

BR//Usman

SunnyDXB

Nov 24, 2009
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Somey11,

Your wife qualification does not match with her work experience. In my opinion it will be a problem for her.

SunnyDXB

Nov 24, 2009
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pak1,

You can easily apply for NOC 1111 Financial Auditors and Accountants.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
SunnyDXB said:
You can easily apply for NOC 1111 Financial Auditors and Accountants.
If your main duties match with 1111, then you qualify, but as far as I know persons working in Pakistani firms as accountant do not qualify under 1111.
The reason is those accountant actually perform the duties of bookkeeper.
So before filing application carefully review if your duties actually match with NOC 1111, designation, accountant or assistant accountant does not matter

pak1 said:
I have a 4 Years Bachelors degree in Business Administration and i am working for 1-1/2 (one and half) years as a Accountant in a private firm. i want to know that does my Degree and work Experience Qualifies for NOC 1111, which is about, "Financial Auditors and Accountants".

SunnyDXB

Nov 24, 2009
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Financial Accountants e.g Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and General Ledger is coming under NOC 1111 or they are bookkeeper.

Please confirm.

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
For Accountants and Auditors (NOC 1111), you will need to have a Chartered Accountancy(CA) or similar (CPA, CMA, CGA) designation or a Master's Level qualification in Finance(Eg. MBA Finance, Master's in Finance etc) to qualify.

Alpha Romeo

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2009
AOR Received.
03/03/2009
File Transfer...
10/08/2009
Med's Request
07/13/11
Med's Done....
08/17/11
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
1/30/12
LANDED..........
03/17/2012
You don't need to be a CPA or CA to qualify on NOC 1111, as long as you are doing the main responsibilities of an Auditor or Accountant then you will qualify. For accountant you need to have experienced on finalizing financial statements, taxes, bank recon, GL/TB and year end closing not just AR and AP because that is the job of bookkeeper. I am not a CPA or CA but I am an accountant they accepted my application. Right now my status is in process. Good luck to you.

SunnyDXB

Nov 24, 2009
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please check below the Job Responsibilities and tell me that is it possible to qualify under NOC 1111.

General Ledger
1. Ensure account balances are accounted for correctly and make adjusting entries when necessary.
2. Maintain proper records, documentation and supporting for journal entries.
3. Ensure all journal entries are booked before General Ledger (GL) closing.
4. Perform monthly bank reconciliations for disbursement & collection accounts before the 14th of every month.
5. Ensure all inter-company accounts are reconciled and cleared.
6. Check completeness of petty cash receipts against reimbursements; prepare Request for Payment (RFP), process Cheque Payment Voucher (CPV) & cancellation of receipts.
7. Ensure Capital Work in Progress (CWIP) clearing accounts are cleared and CWIP accounts are properly supported with contractor ledger or invoices.
8. Prepare monthly schedules for accrued expenses/prepayment accounts of various projects of company; check and verify completeness of supporting documents for monthly/quarterly accruals.
9. Compilation of information/supporting documents & preparation of audit schedules for external and internal audit.
10. Prepare ageing report on quarterly basis and reconcile ageing of Accounts Payable with General Ledger balance.
11. Monthly review of trial balance & detailed account analysis.
12. Prepare quarterly reconciliations for all inter company accounts and follow-up on any reconciliation items in a timely manner.
13. Analyse all the expense accounts.
14. Prepare schedule for all clearing accounts & ensure there are no un-posted journals & monthly closing of books.
Fixed Assets
1. Maintain Fixed Asset register
2. Review of Capital Expenditure (Capex) on a monthly basis.
3. Fixed Assets monthly closing.
4. Assisting the Team Leader during the internal / statutory audits.
5. Liaise with IT for various report requirements, closing issues, etc.

Accounts Receivable
1. Record sales invoices and collection of receivables.
2. Processing customer refunds for approved booking cancellations / excess payments within the reasonable time and arranging for the bank transfer / cheque payment.
3. Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure appropriate and timely recordings & clear bank reconciliation items.
4. Prepare monthly ageing report and reconcile ageing of Accounts Receivables with General Ledger balance.
5. Maintain customer ledgers in the system.
6. Accounts Receivable month end closing.
7. Assisting the Team Leader during the internal / statutory audits.
8. Liaise with IT for various report requirements, closing issues, etc.
Accounts Payable
1. Ensuring all supplier invoices are approved in line with the companies set policies and supported by the Capital Expenditure (Capex) and Operating Expenditure (Opex).
2. Accounting supplier invoices in Oracle and Maximo systems, processing payments and arranging for the bank transfer.
3. Creating new supplier account / updating the supplier master in Oracle system.
4. Reconciling supplier accounts on quarterly basis and clearing the outstanding issues if any in coordination with the departments.
5. Accounts Payable month end closing.
6. Assisting the Team Leader during the internal / statutory audits.

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Alpha Romeo - Eventually, they will ask you for your CA/CPA/CMA/CGA or Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting certificates and transcripts. CIO Nova Scotia just looks after the main job duties and forwards them to the visa office for further indepth processing.

I came to Canada as an Accountant under the old Easier rules - and then also they asked me for either CA/CMA/CPA/CGA or a related Master's Degree.

Follow this link for HRSDC Canada for NOC 1111 and look at the Employment Requirements at the bottom :::

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1111

Sometimes, one or two people might get lucky due to the positive discretion of the visa officer - but 9 out of 10 times - you will need a chartered level designation or Master's Degree to make the cut for NOC 1111.

Alpha Romeo

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2009
AOR Received.
03/03/2009
File Transfer...
10/08/2009
Med's Request
07/13/11
Med's Done....
08/17/11
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
1/30/12
LANDED..........
03/17/2012
Cansun,

I'm sorry but you have a different info. I am under fast track and they did not ask for the certificate of being a CA or CPA. I am already on the second stage of my application and right now, my status is in-process which means that I am eligible for further processing. I am just waiting for my medical request. I am a commerce graduate major in accounting and mostly my experience are in accounting field and for the last 4 years I am a full cycled accountant doing all the major responsibilities of an accountant.

The new rules is totally different from the old one. I have an attorney and they never require this because according to them as long as you could provide employment letter that shows all your responsibilities and it match with the NOC, that would be enough for anyone to qualify. Fast track is more on the experience but of course education is a factor, like your education is in medical field and your experience is in accounting. That is very questionable.