+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information regarding Transit Visa in France for Pakistani Passport

Abdul94

Apr 6, 2023
I just want to know if a person traveling from Pakistan has a Pakistani Passport and if she has a letter from IRCC for confirmation of Permanent Residency instead of a Permanent Resident Card, Does they still need to have a Transit Visa? As I have read if someone has a Permanent Resident Card from Canada they don't need Transit Visa.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just want to know if a person traveling from Pakistan has a Pakistani Passport and if she has a letter from IRCC for confirmation of Permanent Residency instead of a Permanent Resident Card, Does they still need to have a Transit Visa? As I have read if someone has a Permanent Resident Card from Canada they don't need Transit Visa.
To answer your question, very important to know whether you will be transitting while remaining in the international zone of a single airport (i.e. one international flight to another) or you need to 'enter' the domestic/schengen space. For the former, France is generally well organized and you can check the airline/airport website - typical approach for the larger airports is one does not need a visa as you are never entering France (or connecting to another Schengen country which is 'domestic'). It should go without saying that they will check that the traveller has the correct documents to be admitted to their final destination.

As far as I'm aware PR card or the COPR letter is irrelevant for purposes of Schgenen, but not certain. But it is exactly what is needed to show you will be admitted to Canada.

If the person is transitting from a Paskistan-originating flight and transferring to a flight to Canada (and docs for Canada are in order) should be fine. Check with the airline / airport website though.

If you are entering France or the Schengen zone, the answer is probably no.

Abdul94

Apr 6, 2023
We are not entering France, it will be a one-hour transit, and all the required documents are there to show the person is traveling to Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We are not entering France, it will be a one-hour transit, and all the required documents are there to show the person is traveling to Canada.
Check with the airline, because they are the ones who decide whether you can get on the flight. But as far as I'm aware, should be fine. (Although tight connection)