+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information regarding self isolation rule

Milad88

Aug 9, 2020
Hello dear friends,
Does anybody know is it possible to rent a room for self isolation or it is required to book a hotel?
Which one will you suggest?

Weiii13

Aug 12, 2020
Quoted from Airbnb:
The space:

This is a separate studio with a double bed, private bathroom, private kitchenette with microwave, fridge, coffee maker, toaster, countertop electric stove (no conventional oven). Shared entrance with another basement unit. Free parking for one car, high speed wireless internet.

The size of the room is aproximately 2.5 mt x 7 mt (bedroom + kitchenette, not counting bathroom).

So the only common area will be entrance which I will not access since ill not go out for 14 days.

Milad88

Aug 9, 2020
Quoted from Airbnb:
The space:

This is a separate studio with a double bed, private bathroom, private kitchenette with microwave, fridge, coffee maker, toaster, countertop electric stove (no conventional oven). Shared entrance with another basement unit. Free parking for one car, high speed wireless internet.

The size of the room is aproximately 2.5 mt x 7 mt (bedroom + kitchenette, not counting bathroom).

So the only common area will be entrance which I will not access since ill not go out for 14 days.
Thank you so much. Your answer really helps me.

Weiii13

Aug 12, 2020
was the owner okay with the fact that it's for quarantine? and what's the food/groceries plan?
Hi, yeah. I actually messaged the owner before booking. For my groceries, my sister will drop by the door and leave it there. But online groceries is also an option.

Milad88

Aug 9, 2020
Most hosts will not be willing to have someone just rent a room with an ensuite in their home. Renting a room in a home is not really quarantining.
So in your opinion hotels are the most appropriate option to choose for self isolation? How about renting a full suite for a whole month?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So in your opinion hotels are the most appropriate option to choose for self isolation? How about renting a full suite for a whole month?
Anything where you have your own bathroom, bed and ability to get food. Could be part of a home, a hotel room, airbnb 1 bedroom apartment or studio. Canada is experiencing a huge problem with community spread between family members or at work places. Allowing people to self-isolate with people who are still going out to work, school, etc. could easily spread covid because we know you can be asymptomatic. Just basic public health principles. Not sure why this is still an option especially as businesses are being forced to shut down or modify their operations. unfortunately there are many people who aren't quarantining properly, many are Canadian citizens, which is very unfortunate.

Reactions: Bluejayscardinals