+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information on In-Canada Paper based TRP application

KC Ali

Feb 23, 2023
Hi there,
has anyone in this thread applied for TRV-TRP outside Canada or knows the processing time for TRP outside Canada from non- eta countries

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
hi my daughter trp is expiring 30 october, i applied for subsequent trp for her extention one month before as it was mentioned with complete documents, but canada post is not updating deliverd status is there a way i can contact edmonton office to confirm my application by mail reached them ?, canada post is saying sometimes large volume receivers do not provide signature to confirm document receiving ?? and they must have received it , i did file a complain , but i am tensed shoud i sent another appliication again or wait for few days... for new application to mail i must do it before 20 october

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi my daughter trp is expiring 30 october, i applied for subsequent trp for her extention one month before as it was mentioned with complete documents, but canada post is not updating deliverd status is there a way i can contact edmonton office to confirm my application by mail reached them ?, canada post is saying sometimes large volume receivers do not provide signature to confirm document receiving ?? and they must have received it , i did file a complain , but i am tensed shoud i sent another appliication again or wait for few days... for new application to mail i must do it before 20 october
do not send another application. Unfortunately your application is likely in a pile waiting to be processed so it will likely be impossible to contact someone who will be able to confirm the application receipt by October 20th.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Dear canuck, should i just wait and be patient, is there any way i can continue my daughters health coverage, as it will expire with the trp.

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Hello guys how does one receive updates on paper based applications to Edmonton
its been 5 months since I applied for my daughters trp extension she is 2 years old , I have received no updates at all
I am worried. I raised a webform after 2 months and did get a reply but it was pretty general that my file has been updated.
what should I do , is this long wait normal , please help senior members

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
You get no updates unfortunately. IRCC will process it and give you an answer by email. You are looking around 18months. Good luck
thank you for replying. I had decided to sponsor my daughter by may 2024 once i apply i will wait for her aor and then withdraw this trp extention " no idea how to withdraw "

Chairman951

May 29, 2023
Anyone have any updates? Also i am just about to apply for one, having been in Canada for 6 years, no prior criminal history, and still don't have one. My original offence was working unauthorized on a study permit(i was very immature and complacent ). I worked part time and schooled part time due to being a primary caretaker to my sister and her baby(who was born here)both have sickle cell disease, my nephews father figure left, and so i took up the mantle, and so i would have to interrupt my studies sometimes to take unauthorized breaks; which would lead to my second offence, to go stay in the hospital for some time until they both recovered.

i also worked as a dishwasher for 20hours and then at church in a volunteer role as a musician to help the family. I graduated with a degree from a public college in September 2022, and applied for a PGWP in the same month. In feb 2023, i got rejection letter stating that because of studying part time, i was not eligible for a PGWP, and that i had 90 days to restore my status. I then worked with an immigration consultant from a charity organization to help me apply to restore my status. I received a rejection letter months later, stating that my status in Canada had expired and i also had to leave Canada immediately or further action would be taken......after months of going to my MPs office to help me and looking for a new immigration consultant/lawyer to get a second opinion(as my first told me he was not experienced enough to handle the case), i found my current one, a RCIC, during this time, i also applied and got accepted into University of British Columbia, under the Masters of Science in Nursing program, and so fingers crossed, everything works out. I didnt mean to break any laws, but the reality is i did. i am still optimistic and i hope everyone here gets a positive decision on what they want!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anyone have any updates? Also i am just about to apply for one, having been in Canada for 6 years, no prior criminal history, and still don't have one. My original offence was working unauthorized on a study permit(i was very immature and complacent ). I worked part time and schooled part time due to being a primary caretaker to my sister and her baby(who was born here)both have sickle cell disease, my nephews father figure left, and so i took up the mantle, and so i would have to interrupt my studies sometimes to take unauthorized breaks; which would lead to my second offence, to go stay in the hospital for some time until they both recovered.

i also worked as a dishwasher for 20hours and then at church in a volunteer role as a musician to help the family. I graduated with a degree from a public college in September 2022, and applied for a PGWP in the same month. In feb 2023, i got rejection letter stating that because of studying part time, i was not eligible for a PGWP, and that i had 90 days to restore my status. I then worked with an immigration consultant from a charity organization to help me apply to restore my status. I received a rejection letter months later, stating that my status in Canada had expired and i also had to leave Canada immediately or further action would be taken......after months of going to my MPs office to help me and looking for a new immigration consultant/lawyer to get a second opinion(as my first told me he was not experienced enough to handle the case), i found my current one, a RCIC, during this time, i also applied and got accepted into University of British Columbia, under the Masters of Science in Nursing program, and so fingers crossed, everything works out. I didnt mean to break any laws, but the reality is i did. i am still optimistic and i hope everyone here gets a positive decision on what they want!
Good luck. Make sure you don't start studying or working again until the TRP is approved and you also hold a valid study permit again. Be aware that it can take quite a long time for some applicants to hear back on the TRP application.

Reactions: Chairman951

Chairman951

May 29, 2023
Good luck. Make sure you don't start studying or working again until the TRP is approved and you also hold a valid study permit again. Be aware that it can take quite a long time for some applicants to hear back on the TRP application.
Thanks Scylla! absolutely!:)

Crewmate

Apr 9, 2024
Hi everyone I want to share with you my experience for a TRP and a work permit application :
-October 2022: Application sent and received
-June first 2023 AOR received by email.
- waiting until today nothing new I'm sending web forms and calling and all I hear back it's in process...
Please anyone waiting around this time share your processing time.
I bought a ticket June 10th to fly back home I'm without status And I haven't seen my family since 2016 ... Really exhausting mentally and I didn't know that TRPs take this long...
Hope everyone receive good news and keep it up

Reactions: Chairman951

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone I want to share with you my experience for a TRP and a work permit application :
-October 2022: Application sent and received
-June first 2023 AOR received by email.
- waiting until today nothing new I'm sending web forms and calling and all I hear back it's in process...
Please anyone waiting around this time share your processing time.
I bought a ticket June 10th to fly back home I'm without status And I haven't seen my family since 2016 ... Really exhausting mentally and I didn't know that TRPs take this long...
Hope everyone receive good news and keep it up
Recent processing times seen on this forum have been approximately 2 years.