+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information on CPR is wrong - when can CIC stop making mistakes

superlj

Mar 21, 2013
Hi guys, we received my wife's CPR and passport with immigrant visa from CPC-O today. However, we don't feel happy when we spotted two obvious mistakes immediately - the marriage status and original entry date.

We got married in Canada in 2012 when her FSW application was in process. We notified CIC about the marriage on the second day of ceremony with proof documents by email. No reply received. Then when CIC asked her update in 2013, we provided with an updated Additional Family Composition form with official Marriage Certificate. No reply received.

Later last year had our daughter, born in Canada. Two weeks later than the labor day we notified CIC with the baby's info and updated Additional Family Composition form by both email and mail.

Two week before ago, with her passport, we also sent our official Marriage Certificate, the baby's official Birth Certificate and updated Additional Family Composition with a letter clearly stated that please ensure the family composition is u-to-date.

It seems that all the efforts are useless! I know that we can use the IMM1436 to amend the CPR. But it takes up to 6 months to process while my wife's immigrant visa expires in May this year.

I am wondering if anyone had similar experience? Should we correct the information before landing? Thanks in advance!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you go to the Visa Office - see their hours at http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/offices/apply-where.asp - they will correct the CoPR (usually the same day). Alternatively, e-mail them to let them know and they will ask you to mail it back to them so they can cancel it and then they will reissue a corrected one.

As you stated, you can also correct it upon landing and the Border Officer can correct the information.