+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information Letter to COPR

ghazaal.asif

Nov 8, 2023
Hi Everyone.
I just received my information letter requesting me and my wife to submit photographs and copy of Passport pages FOR COPR but I am not sure how to do it.
I am in Canada and my wife lives in Pakistan. So do we have to send it separately or do I submit the required documents from my end for both of us.
Also, she would require a visa to travel how that be applied? and do I require a visa as I already have a visa which I got for my work permit.
Please help guys, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Athira1812

Sep 12, 2023
If you read the information letter carefully, you will see that it is asking you(person in canada) to raise a webform to inform that you are in canada and for the person in their home country to submit the documents to the visa office.

ghazaal.asif

Nov 8, 2023
If you read the information letter carefully, you will see that it is asking you(person in canada) to raise a webform to inform that you are in canada and for the person in their home country to submit the documents to the visa office.
So we both have to submit our documents separately?
I think this is what you meant?

Athira1812

Sep 12, 2023
The person already in canada do not have to submit any document. please read your instruction on the information letter. It will guide you on how to confirm your presence in canada. Only the person outside canada will have to submit documents. Please read your document, it has clear instructions.

ghazaal.asif

Nov 8, 2023
The person already in canada do not have to submit any document. please read your instruction on the information letter. It will guide you on how to confirm your presence in canada. Only the person outside canada will have to submit documents. Please read your document, it has clear instructions.
It doesn't say any such thing. I have read it a couple of times. It says if you are in Canada you have to send it to the center in Canada. That's it.

Athira1812

Sep 12, 2023
On my information letter, it was mentioned to raise a webform as i was in canada already and for my dependent to submit his document to nearest VFS center

ghazaal.asif

Nov 8, 2023
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You and/or your dependents must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform Edmonton IRCC immediately by email to: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.
STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform Edmonton IRCC immediately at the email address above:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
 Change in health;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
Your failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.
Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.
STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
 Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at:
www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp
 Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).
If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):
 Please provide your valid passport or travel document and a valid passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.
 There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).
 Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.
 All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
 Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependant children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.
If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
 Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
 Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependant children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.
 Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
You must submit together:
1. One copy of this letter, including the Updated Information Chart in Appendix A.
Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy –please upload this information to your MyCIC account.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy – please upload this information to your MyCIC account.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Note: All visa exempt applicants, including those using MyCIC, are required to mail/courier their photos. **Please ensure you clearly indicate your application number on the back of your photos.
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
All required documents must be submitted in one single package.
To submit your package to Abu Dhabi:
There are three ways to submit your passport(s). You must select only one of the following options.
OPTION
INSTRUCTIONS
(Preferred)
Submit your passport(s) along with the required documents in person or by courier to a Canadian Visa Application Center (VAC) nearest you.
Please note that service charges apply.
Please consult the website of your preferred VAC for information on their service charges, location, hours of operation (for passport submission, please refer to “Application Submission”):
United Arab Emirates: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/uae/
Kuwait: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/kuwait/
Qatar: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/qatar/
Oman: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/oman/
Send your passport(s) along with the required documents listed above by courier to the following address:
VPU Processing (LDN)
Immigration Section
Embassy of Canada
10th Floor, West Tower
Abu Dhabi Trade Towers
P.O. Box 6970
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
NOTE: You must include a fully completed Aramex airway bill or a self-addressed C4 or C5 envelope. These must include your complete name, physical address (no PO Box), and phone number (country code + area code + phone number) If you do not write your address CLEARLY on your return airway bill, your passport(s) may be lost in transit.
Your passport(s) will be returned to you by Aramex courier at your expense.
Passports are very valuable and we want to ensure that they are returned to you safely. It is in your best interest to complete the airway bill or return envelope yourself, if applicable.
Submitting your document(s) in Canada
If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your
application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
 A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.
Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
 Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
 Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.
 Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.
 You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp
Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.
Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1
PROCESSING TIMES: Your application will be finalized within approximately 4 weeks from the date your passport(s) and all the required documents are received. Please allow an additional 1-3 days for the return of your passport(s) by courier, if applicable.
If you have not received your passport after 4 weeks, you may contact us at the London office using the email form on our website. Please send all enquiries regarding this application to the London office (not the Abu Dhabi office).
On my information letter, it was mentioned to raise a webform as i was in canada already and for my dependent to submit his document to nearest VFS center
These are all the things that is in there sorry couldn't post a picture. At the very end there is a index chart for me and my spouse to fill with names, height, passport expiry etc

ghazaal.asif

Nov 8, 2023
Then you have to submit it here and your spouse in her country
Hi just one more question.
Submit your passport(s) along with the required documents in person or by courier to a Canadian Visa Application Center (VAC) nearest you.
Please note that service charges apply.
Please consult the website of your preferred VAC for information on their service charges, location, hours of operation (for passport submission, please refer to “Application Submission”):
United Arab Emirates: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/uae/
Kuwait: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/kuwait/
Qatar: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/qatar/
Oman: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/oman/

Does it have to be any of the 4 VAC listed or can it be the one in Pakistan aswell.