+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information letter- processing time complete

Aryanrocky

Mar 19, 2019
Hello,
Can some help me with this?? As what is happening?
I applied in last week of august and just before my 6 months were about to complete I received the information letter.

It’s been almost 3 weeks now since my processing time is complete but my status still says ‘application in progress’ and reviewing your eligibility etc etc.

The information letter which I received states this-

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa.
If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, you must inform IRCC immediately via the IRCC Web form with details concerning your situation.

Step 1 - update your application if any changes
Step 2 - do you need pr visa
Step 3 - prepare required documents
Step 4 - submit required documents

Print and submit Annex A.

Can someone tell please help me with this??
Thanks for your help in advance

Porya MohSo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Your MyCIC account will say not complete until the VO stamps your passport or COPR. So nothing to worry there!

If you have submitted everything that was said in the information letter than you should be fine! All you can do is wait. After my informational letter, I posted my documents to my VO, and they had my documents for 27 days until my account changed to approved or completed in all sections. a day later I received a letter saying we are sending you your COPR. its been a week and still no COPR. But with CIC, patience is of utter importance.

Aryanrocky

Mar 19, 2019
Your MyCIC account will say not complete until the VO stamps your passport or COPR. So nothing to worry there!

If you have submitted everything that was said in the information letter than you should be fine! All you can do is wait. After my informational letter, I posted my documents to my VO, and they had my documents for 27 days until my account changed to approved or completed in all sections. a day later I received a letter saying we are sending you your COPR. its been a week and still no COPR. But with CIC, patience is of utter importance.
Thanks for the reply. It clears things a bit.

The information letter is only asking to submit my passport and photo. I haven’t sent it yet as i was thinking that this is just information letter and need things to be ready once it is approved.
So you think i should send my passport now?

Porya MohSo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Thanks for the reply. It clears things a bit.

The information letter is only asking to submit my passport and photo. I haven’t sent it yet as i was thinking that this is just information letter and need things to be ready once it is approved.
So you think i should send my passport now?
Yes, you should follow the instructions in the letter. This basically means that you have been approved, but the final step is left, and the final step is only to stamp your passport with your PR visa.

Aryanrocky

Mar 19, 2019
Yes, you should follow the instructions in the letter. This basically means that you have been approved, but the final step is left, and the final step is only to stamp your passport with your PR visa.
Thanks you so much for all the help.
Will do that Asap.
Thanks again.

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
Hello,
Can some help me with this?? As what is happening?
I applied in last week of august and just before my 6 months were about to complete I received the information letter.

It’s been almost 3 weeks now since my processing time is complete but my status still says ‘application in progress’ and reviewing your eligibility etc etc.

The information letter which I received states this-

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa.
If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, you must inform IRCC immediately via the IRCC Web form with details concerning your situation.

Step 1 - update your application if any changes
Step 2 - do you need pr visa
Step 3 - prepare required documents
Step 4 - submit required documents

Print and submit Annex A.

Can someone tell please help me with this??
Thanks for your help in advance
Hello there,

When did you receive an update about your application? It's been three weeks since I received the information letter and there's no update yet.

Porya MohSo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Hello there,

When did you receive an update about your application? It's been three weeks since I received the information letter and there's no update yet.
For me it took exactly 28 days until I saw an update on my account after my VO had received my documents. When did you send your documents?

Reactions: Narimane

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
For me it took exactly 28 days until I saw an update on my account after my VO had received my documents. When did you send your documents?
I haven't sent any documents. They just asked me to confirm my address, which I did and told me that I would be contacted soon for an inland appointment. It's been exactly 22 days and I'm losing my patience.

Aryanrocky

Mar 19, 2019
Hello there,

Since I was tracking the documents i sent, it took them around 5 days to post an update after they received my documents. And additional 3 days for processing and returning.

Led Zeppelin

Jul 6, 2019
Hello,

I received same letter from CIO/BRCD ( IRCC) asking for passports via email two days ago. However, my online account has not been updated yet with this document. I am confused because some friends received this letter only on their online account instead. Just wondering if this letter will also be added to my online account as all the communication so far has been via this channel. Can anyone please help me with this ? Thanks in advance.

Aryanrocky

Mar 19, 2019
Hello,

I received same letter from CIO/BRCD ( IRCC) asking for passports via email two days ago. However, my online account has not been updated yet with this document. I am confused because some friends received this letter only on their online account instead. Just wondering if this letter will also be added to my online account as all the communication so far has been via this channel. Can anyone please help me with this ? Thanks in advance.
Yup, I received the same email but it never gets uploaded to our online account. Go ahead and follow the instructions on your email attachment and send the passport.
I received my passport with the copr after that and my account got updated with approved.