+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information: Get Indian PCC in One day(Canada Only)

nil279

Jun 20, 2013
Got our PCC today from the CGI, Toronto.

Reached there at 8.40, got the DD made from TD bank in front the CGI (I have an account in TD bank).
CGI opens at 9.30, but people were sitting inside before 9.30.

So we went to the reception with the application form and reference letters and photographs, but all in vain.
The procedure has changed! Read this before you go -> https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/eoi.php?id=police_clearance
Now there is an online application form (since 10-06-2019), you have to make an account online, provide your details there, and then take a print out. I paid $3.10 for a single print out at CanadaPost.
Paste a 2x2cm photo on the form, photo copy of address proof (in our case paper G1 license), passport copy and the VISA copy - got it verified from the reception, he stapled the whole contraption along with an application form (of why we need the PCC urgently from the CGI, we had to fill the application blank spaces with a pen).
Then we were asked to go to the window number 4, submitted the papers along with the DD (our passport was also kept), were asked to come back between 3 and 4pm.
Then we killed 5 hours there, went back at 3, got the PCC along with the Passport at 3.50.

By the way, the staff there was polite and courteous. Contrary to some of the reviews on Google Maps.

Hi , what was the draft amount ? link says $92 ,is it changed to $93 ? I read that in somewhere here but not able to find it now.

sudy

Dec 25, 2017
Got PCC today (Sept 27, 2019) from Toronto - Consulate General of India. It was for me and my spouse.

The PCC also had our photo printed on it.

1.PhotoCopy of the permit
2. PhotoCopy of 1st and last page of the passport
3. A draft of $92 drafted towards. They now also accept debit card payment directly at the submission window.
“Consulate General of India”
4. Copy of your current address proof it could be a hydro bill/lease agreement/driver’s license. In case of my spouse, she did not have driving license but we provided Ontario Photo ID card.
5. 2 CM X 2 CM photo affixed on the form. The form needs to be filled ONLINE by registering yourself. You can fill the form for all family members under one login. The portal where you have to fill the form is: https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/
6. In case you miss #5, the Canada Post at ground level has computers and will help you fill up the form. But these are very easy forms and can be filled up much ahead of your actual visit date.

As you enter the consulate located on the 7th floor of 365 Bloor St E, ensure that you talk to the reception and DO NOT directly line up for any counters. At reception they will provide you an additional form (offline form) where in you will be asked for the reason of emergency. You can simply say "need to provide it to CIC for PR application". The reception staff member will also validate that you have your complete application. Do not forget to carry all the docs in original, including local address proof. Staff was courteous, as it could be in a rush. Submitted around 10 AM. Received the PCC around 3.45 PM (though they asked us to come around 4 PM we were there by 3.20 PM, which helped).

Now that they accept debit card payment, no need to go for bank draft. I had already created draft so no option. I have talked to the staff member to confirm that they accept Debit card payment for PCC and other services as well. This started only last week. Photo, can be taken at Canada post. They charged $15 for 1 person and will provide 2 copies. All the best!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi, can anyone tell if a person on work visa requires PCC from Canada Police for Express Entry PR?
Really depends on case to case basis. You don’t need to provide this upfront with your PR application. In case IRCC requires it they will notify you to provide one and will give you few day to provide the RCMP certificate

Reactions: Deeps21

Deeps21

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Really depends on case to case basis. You don’t need to provide this upfront with your PR application. In case IRCC requires it they will notify you to provide one and will give you few day to provide the RCMP certificate
Thanks for your response.
My Lawyer is asking for the same but there is no such requirement raised by IRCC, shall I do it upfront or wait for notification?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for your response.
My Lawyer is asking for the same but there is no such requirement raised by IRCC, shall I do it upfront or wait for notification?
In my case i did the rcmp certificate upfront. But did not get one for my spouse. IRCC contacted us after a few days later to provide the rcmp for my spouse, the very next day of this request they sent another msg saying that the request for rcmp certificate is withdrawn as the criminality has been completed and passed :D:D...
So leave upto you tbh...

Reactions: Deeps21

Deeps21

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
In my case i did the rcmp certificate upfront. But did not get one for my spouse. IRCC contacted us after a few days later to provide the rcmp for my spouse, the very next day of this request they sent another msg saying that the request for rcmp certificate is withdrawn as the criminality has been completed and passed :D:D...
So leave upto you tbh...
Ok thanks dear!

Deeps21

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi,
Has anyone got PCC from Toronto - Consulate General of India this month?
Can we still get it done in one day for Canada PR?

sudy

Dec 25, 2017
Hi,
Has anyone got PCC from Toronto - Consulate General of India this month?
Can we still get it done in one day for Canada PR?
The Last I did was on 27th Sept, 2019. It should be still there unless their website says otherwise.

Deeps21

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
So leave upto you tbh...
Hey can you confirm if you had to give fingerprints for your rcmp?
I got the police check clearance from local police here in canada, not sure what is the difference in RCMP and local police check

yashbabrah

May 26, 2019
Hello, I need to get PCC for my mother. She is on a visitor visa and she is currently in Toronto, Canada. She doesn't have the Canadian address proof. I checked information online and it is clear that address proof is one of the requirements for getting PCC in Canada. What should we do? Please any help on this will be really appreciated. Thanks!

vkuppa

Oct 22, 2019
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I've had this experience, so just including it for other people's reference. This same day PCC is applicable only if your province is under the judistriction of CGI, Toronto.

If you do not reside in one of the Canadain Provinces that come under the Judistriction of CGI Torronto. you wont be able to get the PCC in a day. You have to go through the regular BLS peocedure. Hope that helps.

Thank you

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I recently applied for PCC on 7 Feb 2020 and got it on 13 Feb 2020. Very fast processing. Applied at Brampton BLS, 20 Gillingham Dr .
They will keep your original passport along with application. Also i got the picture clicked at BLS itself which is convenient. Total fees - 90 $ CAD (Includes courier at home via Purolator).
Amazing quick service!