+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information: Get Indian PCC in One day(Canada Only)

tjdj

May 30, 2016
Avoid BLS at all costs and go to the CGI to get your PCC. Of course you pay double the fee, but trust me, its totally worth it.
When I went to BLS the staff seemed least interested in my queries, and the overall atmosphere was worse than a government office. They told me that they'll keep my Passport and Work Permit along with the application until the PCC is complete, which they said could take around 6 weeks. They said on an average their applications take 3-4 weeks to process at a minimum. Hearing this, I just left the place and desperately started looking for other options as under no circumstances would I surrender my passport and work permit for that long to a private organization, effectively trying to hold me hostage for over 30 days!! The next day I went straight to the CGI, reached there at around 11.
Submitted only the basic application form along with the photocopies of the required docs:
1. Passport along with stamped pages; (original+photocopy)
2. Work Permit; (need to just show original)
3. Canadian address Proof (DL) and,
4. Bank draft for $93 in favour of "CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA".

--no photos or additional personal particular forms required, unlike in the case of BLS--

I was told to come back at 3 p.m to collect the PCC, which I did and there it was! Something I had been stressing over for days, especially after what the BLS staff told me, had been completed within a matter of hours. My experience was the complete opposite of what the common perception of an Indian government office is.

Save yourself the time and effort, and go to the Consulate General of India directly and apply under the 'emergency PCC service' without any additional forms and personal checklists (unlike BLS) and get it within the same day.

PS: The fee for the service seems to have changed and I was told to get a $93 draft instead of the $92.
(website still says $92)

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Avoid BLS at all costs and go to the CGI to get your PCC. Of course you pay double the fee, but trust me, its totally worth it.
When I went to BLS the staff seemed least interested in my queries, and the overall atmosphere was worse than a government office. They told me that they'll keep my Passport and Work Permit along with the application until the PCC is complete, which they said could take around 6 weeks. They said on an average their applications take 3-4 weeks to process at a minimum. Hearing this, I just left the place and desperately started looking for other options as under no circumstances would I surrender my passport and work permit for that long to a private organization, effectively trying to hold me hostage for over 30 days!! The next day I went straight to the CGI, reached there at around 11.
Submitted only the basic application form along with the photocopies of the required docs:

--no photos or additional personal particular forms required, unlike in the case of BLS--

I was told to come back at 3 p.m to collect the PCC, which I did and there it was! Something I had been stressing over for days, especially after what the BLS staff told me, had been completed within a matter of hours. My experience was the complete opposite of what the common perception of an Indian government office is.

Save yourself the time and effort, and go to the Consulate General of India directly and apply under the 'emergency PCC service' without any additional forms and personal checklists (unlike BLS) and get it within the same day.

PS: The fee for the service seems to have changed and I was told to get a $93 draft instead of the $92.
(website still says $92)
Hi,

Which consulate did you apply at - Toronto or Vancouver? Do they ask for any letter from IRCC that specifically ask us for pcc?

wajidmehraj

Jan 27, 2017

(website still says $92)
Thanks for all the details.
Have a few questions : Was your passport issued in India or did you renew it in Canada recently? and was your location Toronto?

Mohit_ind

Dec 18, 2015
Hi I got my PCC from the passport office in India while i was visiting family this January. I renewed my passport in 2016 so my PCC says that passport number ............ with issue date ..... .... 2016. Now i am worried that would CIC ask for another PCC for past years or last 10 years? Can any one tell me as what does your PCC say when you get it issued in CGI ? Does it mention anything about the years?

tjdj

May 30, 2016
Hi,

Which consulate did you apply at - Toronto or Vancouver? Do they ask for any letter from IRCC that specifically ask us for pcc?
Thanks for all the details.
Have a few questions : Was your passport issued in India or did you renew it in Canada recently? and was your location Toronto?
Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get a notification for this. I applied at the Consulate general in Toronto. No, they don't ask for your ITA or any letter to be attached as proof.

No, I have an Indian passport issued in India.

Reactions: RanjithP

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get a notification for this. I applied at the Consulate general in Toronto. No, they don't ask for your ITA or any letter to be attached as proof.

No, I have an Indian passport issued in India.
Thank you so much for the response!

satishkumar432

Aug 23, 2011
Hi Everyone..Just wanted to know if you need to be physically present to get the PCC..

I have a pregnant wife so i wanted to know if i can go myself to get them instead (for both me and my wife).

Thank you Again!

Sep 20, 2018
Hi Guys,
I have to apply for a PCC for Canada PR and had some queries regarding the process. I am from India and have been living in Canada since the last year. Post coming to Canada I have not visited India yet. While filling up the PCC Form :-
- Do I have to fill all the addresses at which I have lived in India since the age of 18 years ?
- After applying for a PCC in Toronto, will I need any other clearance certificates from India i.e. will the PCC (Indian embassy) from Toronto take care of all the formalities required from India ?
- I have my Indian passport, WP papers and Ontario ID Proof. Will I be required to produce any other documentation than that ?

Can someone please help me with the above queries ? Appreciate the response.

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Hi Guys,
I have to apply for a PCC for Canada PR and had some queries regarding the process. I am from India and have been living in Canada since the last year. Post coming to Canada I have not visited India yet. While filling up the PCC Form :-
- Do I have to fill all the addresses at which I have lived in India since the age of 18 years ? Yes
- After applying for a PCC in Toronto, will I need any other clearance certificates from India i.e. will the PCC (Indian embassy) from Toronto take care of all the formalities required from India ? Yes
- I have my Indian passport, WP papers and Ontario ID Proof. Will I be required to produce any other documentation than that ? It's best to call them, check their website for any other paperwork (I had to fill out some forms etc)

Can someone please help me with the above queries ? Appreciate the response.

koraith

Apr 6, 2018
Hello,

I had sent documents for my Indian PCC to BLS in Ottawa. They sent an email saying that they need Declaration required to why a PPC is applied.
I have mentioned in the application form that I require it for Canadian PR.
Does the Indian embassy not provide upfront PCCs?
Do I have wait to get an ITA to apply for an Indian PCC?
Is there a workaround to the solution?
I really do not want to wait till I get the ITA and then request for a PCC.
The processing time mentioned is six weeks!

Hope that someone can shed some light on the matter.

rohanvus

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018

(website still says $92)
Can someone who has address in Vancouver go to CGI Toronto and avail this Emergency PCC or is this only for Ontario residents ?
Please help

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hello,

I had sent documents for my Indian PCC to BLS in Ottawa. They sent an email saying that they need Declaration required to why a PPC is applied.
I have mentioned in the application form that I require it for Canadian PR. Strange. When I applied in person in BLS Toronto, no declaration was required. Only provided the purpose in PCC form.
Does the Indian embassy not provide upfront PCCs? They do.
Do I have wait to get an ITA to apply for an Indian PCC? No
Is there a workaround to the solution?
I really do not want to wait till I get the ITA and then request for a PCC.
The processing time mentioned is six weeks! Are they asking you to provide details of your ITA in declaration or just a statement on the intention of PCC application? If later, then I do not think there is any harm in declaring that you need it for applying PR even though you are waiting for ITA because your real intention is for applying PR. Though , the entire process may not take more that 15 days unless you are unlucky one. So 6 weeks is for extreme cases.

Hope that someone can shed some light on the matter.

gbirk

Mar 11, 2019
hi there i need help.
my mother was in canada at super visa
i need my mother pcc give to canadian immigration
she have no id of canada where she show his address
i m pr in canada can i show my id for his address proof ?
but i lost my landing paper. i have valid passpost nd pr card , driving lisence is work for that. without landing paper ?

hakweye

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Hello All, I'm Indian Citizen with Passport reissued in Washington DC, USA as previous one got expired in 2016.. Can I get PCC in Toronto CGI in a day ?