+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INFORMATION & DATA ANALYSTS under EE lets get together here and share things.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
I think many threads in this forum are full of negativity and people degrading others....

Happy that we have created this spread thread for IT people. Hopefully everyone would respect others feelings and comments.

riz.analyst

Dec 3, 2014
Guys , i have listed few of the Canadian job portals i came across . I absolutely do not have clue how efficient these are or their ranking based on the preferred canadian recruiters portal to hire skilled people .

www.workopolis.com
www.saskjobs.ca
www.jobbank.gc.ca
www.monster.ca
www.itjobs.ca

Members from Canada , if you can please suggest or add any other portals that would be useful to everyone here . Its not about applying these jobs from abroad but it really helps people to understand the nature and the trends of the jobs thats been advertised in Canada . It really helps IT community everywhere to start preparing for the new environment ahead .

Additionally , which places in Canada are best to start these IT jobs ?
What will be the procedure to work as a IT contractor ? Will it be same like , Limited company as in UK or something different there ?

If someone can shed their views and advices that would really help everyone visiting this forum in particular ours. Tha, ;)

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
All,

Request you to enter your details in Spreadsheet..

I am sure all of you are keen to identify where you stand.. please enroll and help us build it..Thanks

Use the following links:

Express Entry Spreadsheet
http://tinyurl.com/mwstg52

To get yourself entered in Spreadsheet, enter details here:
http://tinyurl.com/ke3hjef

snkarora

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Delhi_India
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 January 2015
AOR Received.
24 May 2015
Has anybody ever got a job from abroad in canada?

riz.analyst

Dec 3, 2014
Guys , just give it a logical thinking . May be these steps can be useful to understand EE in detail. And please correct me if my understanding is wrong here .

You apply under EE category --> Job Offer --> Yes --> Invitation will be sent to apply the visa under FSWP / FSTP .

PN --> Yes --> Invitation will be sent to apply the visa under Prov Nom category.

CEC --> Yes --> Pool of Immigrants in CEC --> Rankings based on scores --> Invitations will be sent
to the top rankers through to the lower rankers.( However, we will get 100% clarification on
this in Jan 2015 )

--> No --> Pool of immigrants --> Ranking based on scores -->Highest rankers will be
invited first followed by the other rankers. ( However , we will get 100%
clarification on this in Jan 2015 )

FSWP - Federal Skilled Workers Program
FSTP - Federal Skilled Trades Program
CEC - Canadian Experience Class
PN - Provincial Nominee

No - Usually someone with NO Joboffer / Cec / PN ( Like me ) .

Please give your views and correct me if my understanding is wrong on any of the above . Thanks .

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
The best job portal (again according to me) is Indeed.ca.

Also there are a number of consultants who help in finding IT jobs. Some of them are listed below:

1) Finney Taylor
2) RobertHalf
3) Inteqna
4) Hays......and many more.

Again it depends where you works. Toronto, Regina, Calgary are hot job markets for IT recruits. I am working for the local municipality in Calgary. Last week my program manager told me that there are lot of contractors looking for IT jobs in the market. Also the Oil prices are hitting the job market very hard. So, friends it would be hard to look for jobs once you all land here.

Pray that the oil prices rebound quickly if you all want a better future in Canada. Also, I would like to mention that there are so many local (Canadian) available to Canadian IT companies that they would never apply LMIA for a prospective immigrant and then wait for months to hire him.

snkarora

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Delhi_India
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 January 2015
AOR Received.
24 May 2015
kainthsimranjit said:
The best job portal (again according to me) is Indeed.ca.

Also there are a number of consultants who help in finding IT jobs. Some of them are listed below:

1) Finney Taylor
2) RobertHalf
3) Inteqna
4) Hays......and many more.

Again it depends where you works. Toronto, Regina, Calgary are hot job markets for IT recruits. I am working for the local municipality in Calgary. Last week my program manager told me that there are lot of contractors looking for IT jobs in the market. Also the Oil prices are hitting the job market very hard. So, friends it would be hard to look for jobs once you all land here.

Pray that the oil prices rebound quickly if you all want a better future in Canada. Also, I would like to mention that there are so many local (Canadian) available to Canadian IT companies that they would never apply LMIA for a prospective immigrant and then wait for months to hire him.

Thanks Bro. Can you give me a personal advice. I am planning to move to Toronto when i get the visa. I am already well settled in India. Both me and my wife have good jobs here. We want to move to Canada in search of a better quality of life and better financial prospects. Would it be too big a risk to take? Please let me know.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
snkarora said:
Thanks Bro. Can you give me a personal advice. I am planning to move to Toronto when i get the visa. I am already well settled in India. Both me and my wife have good jobs here. We want to move to Canada in search of a better quality of life and better financial prospects. Would it be too big a risk to take? Please let me know.
Please throw some light on your profile. Age, Experience, family composition etc. and I can surely give you an inside perspective.

Abdul Braimah

Dec 16, 2014
Please y'all.. Does Canada do the visa lottery thing or is it just the USA?? I have checked online but the results are contradictory. Any help will be appreciated thank you.

snkarora

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Delhi_India
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 January 2015
AOR Received.
24 May 2015
kainthsimranjit said:
Please throw some light on your profile. Age, Experience, family composition etc. and I can surely give you an inside perspective.

Many Thanks Bro. I have sent you a personal message in your inbox with my complete profile.

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have applied for FSWP 2014 with NOC 2173, however I was late (the 1000 cap was completed before my courier could reach CIC). So, I am re-applying for EE in Jan 2015.

However, I have doubt about considering Spouse's points for CRS. I want to have a dependant PR Visa for my wife. She has IELTS score but ECA is not done (as it was not requried in earlier process). Now, we see a category "With Spouse" and "Without Spouse" in calculating CRS for EE.
Is this soley for getting (different) points/score i.e. I can omit my Wife's education and IELTS details while points calculation; but in case I recieve invitation would both of our Visa's can be processed (my as primary as wife's as dependant)?

There is a clear drop in score when I calculate "With Spouse" option, so want to be sure about the rules for applying. Additionally, I will have to wait for another 1-2 months (depending on university response) for getting my wife's ECA done, which will delay the process.

Regards,