+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INFORMATION & DATA ANALYSTS under EE lets get together here and share things.

riz.analyst

Dec 3, 2014
Hello there guys , ,

I am creating this topic to get in touch with the EE applicants under Information & Data Analysts category ( 2171 , 2172 ) to share comments , questions , doubts , recommendations etc .. with everyone that is likely to be applying under EE category .

I have recently given my IELTS and waiting for the test results . Sent University documents to WES in canada and my University has sent the copies to the WES in US and waiting for the process to start . Police clearance can be applied in the end of december and hope to get that within 2 weeks of my online application . I think , thats where i stand currently . Please let us know where you guys are currently with regard to the process and documentation to get ourselves ready for the launch in Jan 2015 .

Lets share our views and comments here and please let me know if i can be of any help to any of you . Thanks .

Arweny

Aug 1, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Hi,

Good luck with your application.
I have all the documents ready, as I applied under FSW 2014 as well, but I was too late. I will only need another police certificate, I will sort that out in January. I have 4 years experience under 2171 and three more in a mixed job 2171 and 2172.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Hi

I am also an IT Analyst planning to file under Express Entry. I am on a PGWP currently in Canada and working for a local municipality. I have 4 years of experience as an IT Analyst and another 6 months here in Canada.

I have a query regarding IELTS. How many points will I get with the following score:
R:8.5
L:8.5
S:7.5
W:8.5

Different tools are giving different results. Will I get 136?

riz.analyst

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for starting the discussion guys .

Is anyone applying from UK please ? I have mixed 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst + Business Data Analyst and i think i will fit more as 2171 ( Information Analyst ) .

I have sent my Masters certificate to WES as well and just waiting for them to receive it . I dont think i need to send my Bachelors in Engineering certificates to WES as i am claiming my maximum points on my Masters degree here from UK . I have spoken to one of the Attorneys in Canada and he has confirmed this . Please correct me if my understanding is wrong . :)

As far as i know , police clearance certificate issued by UK police will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue and i am thinking of applying for it around 4th week of December 2014 .

Waiting for IELTS test report but i hope atleast to achieve CLB level 8 . :mad:

Is there any IT contractor based in UK ? Lets share the IT job portals in canada especially for Contracting purposes . I hope there will be some thing like Jobserve / CWjobs out there ....

Cheers Guys .... ;D

riz.analyst

Dec 3, 2014
Guys , please create the group . We can actually communicate with each other . End of the day , we are the passengers of a same boat .

My number is +447473759859 . Thanks , :)

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Created, I will add more whoever wants to be in, my number is +1.570.472.7506

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
5877171326 Simran

milcah

Dec 8, 2014
Hi
I will be applying for EE in Jan 2015. I am a teradata developer with 5+ years of experience. My roles and responsibilities include design coding testing and implementation of data warehouse applications.will I fall under NOC 2173 or 2172?
I will be claiming points for spouse's education too. So will be applying for ECA by next week. Do we need the document in hand while creating a profile on Jan 1. Since it will take another month for WES to send back the report.
Do we also need PCC during step 1 (entering EE pool) or can it be submitted at later stage?

Thanks,
Milcah

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
milcah said:
Hi
I will be applying for EE in Jan 2015. I am a teradata developer with 5+ years of experience. My roles and responsibilities include design coding testing and implementation of data warehouse applications.will I fall under NOC 2173 or 2172?
I will be claiming points for spouse's education too. So will be applying for ECA by next week. Do we need the document in hand while creating a profile on Jan 1. Since it will take another month for WES to send back the report.
Do we also need PCC during step 1 (entering EE pool) or can it be submitted at later stage?

Thanks,
Milcah
we don't require PCC in Step 1. That would be only required if you get an ITA.

I assume we might need to upload ECA report. Nothing is 100% sure.

riz.analyst

Dec 3, 2014
Guys , any good Job Portals in Canada for IT jobs please ?

And does certification makes any difference in Canadian job market ? In UK , it doesn't and most of the IT jobs within UK market are from either Jobserve or CWjobs .

Please share your views. Thanks . ;)

Arweny

Aug 1, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
I am applying from the UK, but I am not a contractor.
I have looked at Canadian job portals, but visa is usually required to apply for jobs.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Hello Alll

I am working here in Canada on a PGWP. I did my MBA from a Canadian University.

Certifications do matter here to land a job. PMP and CBAP are the most common ones but now a days agile certifications are also given importance (or atleast agile knowledge).

No one would hire you in IT if you don't have a valid work permit or a landed immigrant status. Believe me, no employer would apply LMIA on your behalf. They wont.

So, I am basing my luck on points out of 600. I am scoring 481 (a little confused about IELTS...would be great if someone can answer my earlier post).

Arweny

Aug 1, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
kainthsimranjit said:
Hi

I am also an IT Analyst planning to file under Express Entry. I am on a PGWP currently in Canada and working for a local municipality. I have 4 years of experience as an IT Analyst and another 6 months here in Canada.

I have a query regarding IELTS. How many points will I get with the following score:
R:8.5
L:8.5
S:7.5
W:8.5

Different tools are giving different results. Will I get 136?
This is CLB 10+ in all areas, so you have the maximum points.
The points depend on if you are married or not, 136 if you are single, 128 if you are married.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Arweny said:
This is CLB 10+ in all areas, so you have the maximum points.
The points depend on if you are married or not, 136 if you are single, 128 if you are married.
Thanks....You solved my problem...different tools are giving out different scores....I am single so full 136 for me....