+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information about Study permit

kitty11

Jun 4, 2017
Category........
Other
Good day, I want to apply for a masters degree. But I am looking for options where I can bring my mother with me because I can't leave her alone in my home country. Is there any possibility in Canada where I can come on a study permit and also bring my mother? In which category can she apply?

If it's not an option in Canada then is such an option available in any other country? TIA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day, I want to apply for a masters degree. But I am looking for options where I can bring my mother with me because I can't leave her alone in my home country. Is there any possibility in Canada where I can come on a study permit and also bring my mother? In which category can she apply?

If it's not an option in Canada then is such an option available in any other country? TIA.
There's really no ability to bring your mother since IRCC does not classify her as a dependent. The most she can apply for is a TRV (tourist visa). However there's no guarantee this will be granted. Also, this only allows her to visit temporarily as a tourist (not live with you in Canada while you complete your studies). Also, as a visitor in Canada, she won't qualify for any provincial health care coverage. You would need to buy insurance to cover emergencies and then pay for all other care out of pocket which can get very expensive.

I can't name any countries where this is possible. Hopefully others know and can suggest.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I don't know of any country that will allow you to study with your mother along.

If you cannot leave her in your home country, then it's best to find a local school to continue your study.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Is your mother currently with you in Germany while you’re doing your studies there ?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-with-visitor-visa-application-from-germany.753195/