+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information about siblings of my Canadian spouse in express entry application (CEC)

eliziebasa

Mar 28, 2020
Hi all!

I received an ITA last week and while filling out the application , I cam across this question in my husband's section ( unaccompanying PR spouse form) ->

Does Husband have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada.) ?
When I select yes and enter siblings information, I am required to send sibling's passport, proof of relationship and proof of residence in canada.
When I select No, requirement of sibling documents disappear and I then only required to send my husband's passport.

It doesn't make sense to include my husband's(who's a canadian citizen) sibling information on my PR application.
Please guide me what should be the answer to the question above.

Thanks in advance!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi all!

I received an ITA last week and while filling out the application , I cam across this question in my husband's section ( unaccompanying PR spouse form) ->

Does Husband have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada.) ?
When I select yes and enter siblings information, I am required to send sibling's passport, proof of relationship and proof of residence in canada.
When I select No, requirement of sibling documents disappear and I then only required to send my husband's passport.

It doesn't make sense to include my husband's(who's a canadian citizen) sibling information on my PR application.
Please guide me what should be the answer to the question above.

Thanks in advance!
This is a basic step everyone applying have to declare these things.

eliziebasa

Mar 28, 2020
I also asked a consultant about it, and he said you should mention "no" and list out family members below that because there are no extra points. I am just verifying here