+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information about permanent resident card renewal

Jencuba1

Jun 1, 2018
Hi I submitted my application for permanent resident renewal on January 24th 2018 and the same envelope I put my son's application for the same reason in March 4.2018 I received the application for my son back because was missing information in one of the questions I send the same application with the letter explaining what they asking for,since that date I don't have any information about his application and I can't see his application in my account online if somebody can please give me any kind of information because I just received my card on the mail and I have nots information about him thank you very much.

Apr 29, 2018
Hi Jencuba1. I have a similar situation where I sent my application with my kids applications December 7, 2017 and I got the kids applications back for missing questions. I answered the missing questions and send it back. While I didn't hear anything regarding the kids applications, I didn't get my PR card till date. In my online account I can see only mine and the status had been in process for months. So I wanted to know from you did your status change before you received your PR card or did you just received it on the mail while it was still showing in process? I am not sure if your situation is the same but my card expired during August 2017. Because I spend years outside Canada, I didn't have enough days to renew my card in August. Therefore waited till December so I have enough days to apply and I did. I've learned from this forum that such scenario could be a reason to complicate the renewal process. I would appreciate if you can share if you had similar situation or was yours straightforward stay in Canada with not traveling and that's why you got your card in a relatively short time, at least compared to me :)