+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information about family for common law

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Hi guys I am in tears because my girlfriend refused to put her family info... I am applying for CEC and my immigration agency told me to fill out a form —for both me and my common law partner. (She is Canadian and not sponsoring me,just as additional family) She is very suspicious because she doesn’t think it is legit and doesn’t want to put her family info unless she knows CIC requires that... is there a form I can find to state partner needs to put their family information on the application? How can I find that?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi guys I am in tears because my girlfriend refused to put her family info... I am applying for CEC and my immigration agency told me to fill out a form —for both me and my common law partner. (She is Canadian and not sponsoring me,just as additional family) She is very suspicious because she doesn’t think it is legit and doesn’t want to put her family info unless she knows CIC requires that... is there a form I can find to state partner needs to put their family information on the application? How can I find that?
Yes, you must include your common-law partner's information in the application. However, as she is a Canadian citizen, the amount of information required is minimal because she does not need to be added as a dependent who is required to undergo a medical examination or background check.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Get rid of the agency. Your Canadian partner does NOT fill out any forms and proivde any documents beyond a copy of proof of her citizenship.

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
No, because only co-applicants need to fill that information out. Canadian citizens cannot be co-applicants. Your girlfriend is right, the agency is dead wrong.