+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Informatio regarding CAIPS.

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Dear All,

I am a Canadian Citizen; my wife is a US permenant residence (Green card holder). We'd already submitted the PR application (for my wife) back in July 2008. We didn't get any news since Dec 2008, except "We have requested background information from other govenment offices, and unfortunately can't provide a date when your case will be finalized".

Now, I've just learnt about CAIPS, and am trying to request a copy of it and see if I can get any insight into my wife's case as what's going on.

So, I have downloaded the IMM_5475 Form (Authority To Release Personal Information to a Designated indivisdual). And I have the following questions:

- Question [1 and 2]: Who's informaiton should be filled in? My information (Sponsor) or my wife's (Applicant)?
- Question [5 and 6]: Who's informaiton should be filled in? My information (Sponsor) or my wife's (Applicant)?
- I also know that there's a fee for this. Can you tell me how can I pay the fee? Online? or if I make a check, who should I make it payble to? Can I make the check in US currency, since both me and my wife are currently residing in U.S.?

BTW, is this the correct form? if no, can you tell me the correct form? if yes, do I need any other forms/documents besides this one?

I'll really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance.

Toledo.