+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

info to bring car

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by mk, May 20, 2006.

  1. hi everyone there
    I am moving to canada in july from US and i am planing to buy a
    used car and want to bring it in should i have to first registered the
    car on my name here in states than transfer it in canada.
    pls advise it would be appreciated.

  2. Hi

    1. First see www.riv.ca to see if it is importable and what you have to do to import it.
    2. See : http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/export/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml for exporting it from the US, don't forget you will have to have clear title.
    3. By the way you are probably better off buying used in Canada, see Autotrader.ca for idea of the pricing.


Share This Page