+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info required - Qorax pls help

iamthebest

Mar 6, 2012
Hi,

I plan to land ~ Feb end - mid March 2013' and meanwhile I'm trying my hands on if I can get some kind of short/mid term project/assignment from my current emp[loyer for CA

- A project in CA for 3months, good in help getting further opporutnities in CA ?
- Even after landing & settling down in CA I keep getting projects for US based from my parent company, and complete the required days for CA citizenship after 5yrs I hope this will not be a prob? As I would be working most of the time in the US but paying taxes in CA also…
- Any other tips from Qorax on what to do, what to avoid in order to get similar permanent opport ?

regards

B

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
iamthebest said:
Hi,

I plan to land ~ Feb end - mid March 2013' and meanwhile I'm trying my hands on if I can get some kind of short/mid term project/assignment from my current emp[loyer for CA

- A project in CA for 3months, good in help getting further opporutnities in CA ?
- Even after landing & settling down in CA I keep getting projects for US based from my parent company, and complete the required days for CA citizenship after 5yrs I hope this will not be a prob? As I would be working most of the time in the US but paying taxes in CA also...
- Any other tips from Qorax on what to do, what to avoid in order to get similar permanent opport ?

regards

B
To maintain PR status, you must physically live in Canada two out of every five rolling years. If you will be spending most of your time in the US, then you will be putting your Canadian PR status in jeopardy. Paying taxes makes no different. You need physical residency days to maintain your PR status.

To qualify for citizenship, you must physically live in Canada for three out of the last four years. Once again, paying taxes has no impact. You must have physical presence.

If you wish to retain your PR status and qualify for citizenship, I would suggest you find a job based in Canada.

libraleopk

Aug 23, 2010
scylla said:
To maintain PR status, you must physically live in Canada two out of every five rolling years. If you will be spending most of your time in the US, then you will be putting your Canadian PR status in jeopardy. Paying taxes makes no different. You need physical residency days to maintain your PR status.

To qualify for citizenship, you must physically live in Canada for three out of the last four years. Once again, paying taxes has no impact. You must have physical presence.

If you wish to retain your PR status and qualify for citizenship, I would suggest you find a job based in Canada.
Hi scylla, is this applies to the kids under 16 yrs or they can come back to the resident country after completing landing / Pr formalities.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
libraleopk said:
Hi scylla, is this applies to the kids under 16 yrs or they can come back to the resident country after completing landing / Pr formalities.
This applies to everyone.

libraleopk

Aug 23, 2010
scylla said:
This applies to everyone.
Actually I am referring to the quote at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp#status
under Determine your eligibility – Citizenship Tab, pls comment this is important for me.

Residence in Canada

To become Canadian citizens, adults must have resided in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying. Children under the age of 18 do not need to meet this requirement.

You may be able to count time you spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident if that time falls within the four-year period.