Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
here i will share my experience about the process ..i hope it will be helpful for someone
the process goes like this..
1.sponsor files the application in canada (better do through a registered immigration lawyer he will tell you which docs are needed)
2.processing time is 3-4 years..
3.the file is sent to visa office of your country..india in my case..
4.they ask for documents(we will get to it later)
5.after sending docs.. avg waiting time 1-1.5 year
6.if your file was complete they will ask for medicals+updated documents ..if it wasnt they might ask additional docs which makes the process longer..
7.then the final decision is made

[size=10pt]DOCUMENTS[/size]
k here i want to tell about the important part..the documents..

Documents which you should start collecting now..

1.Marriage certificate of parents..
many people dont have it.. you should get it because cic asks for it..and if you dont have it you will waste a lot of time ..you can get it by visiting kachehri(courthouse) it can take like 2 days..the process is simple..you dont need many docs..a voter card will suffice..a third person who knows the couple should be present there for signatures.

2.College/school fee receipts

you should keep the receipts of fee ..they are the proof that the child is dependent on the parents..
AND STUDY REGULARLY..EVEN IF YOU WERE LESS THAN 22 AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION..only dependent children are allowed with parents

3.Birth/death certificate of parents/children
Many people dont have it..mostly those born before 80's don't have it..
but you have to get it..go to your local municipal office..if they have record ,they will give you..
otherwise you will have to go to district office..there they will give you "NOT FOUND CERTIFICATE" (ashulbhta certificate) means the birth certificate of this person was not found..
a regular affidavit will not ,i repeat will not suffice

4.DOCS which approve the relationship between you and sponsor
like ration card ..

5.VISIT A DMP FOR PRE-MEDICAL
many cases are delayed due to problem in medicals..
if anyone in your family had T.B in past ,keep all his reports..the doc can provide you a stamped note which says the this person was sucessfully diagnosed...

visit the dmp and ask for pre-medical..the doc will charge 3100 per person or more..
if there are any problems he will give you medicine etc..so you wont have problem when you have to send medicals to embassy..

if you don't have reports of t.b then get tested for T.b ask dmp for advice in this case..
If you dont provide reports of tb and send the medicals the embassy will ask you for sputum test..
that test takes 45 days!! and slows the process considerably..

if you did made the mistake then dont waste time..get sputum test done before embassy asks you ..
after sending medicals..if there are problems the embassy will ask you in a week or two..
the embassy might or might not ask you for the sputum test but get them done anyway so you can send them right away if they ask

DOCS WHICH YOU CAN COLLECT AFTER CASE IS OPENED

1.Regular certificate
get it from your college/school ..it should state that the person is studying here since(year) and is regular and bonafide student..

2.PCC
it depends on your area..if it takes much time in your area then you should prepare it before..
you will need docs like copies of passports, school certificates etc and voter card

all non english documents must be accompanied with translation..

the first time see step 4)you have to send photocopies(excluding pcc, pcc is always sent original,you should keep a copy for yourself)..all photocopies should be notary tested..

the second time(see step 6) you will have to send original docs ..like original certificates of education..

It is always a good idea to keep in touch with other people who have applied for parents as well..because you will get idea about when your case will be opened and you can start collecting docs before

Here is a sample letter from cic asking for medicals+pp+docs
http://rghost.net/36510452

also now cic has stopped taking new applications for parents sponsorship..
good luck to all..

if i missed some info..i will edit it later..any corrections are welcome

smom

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
big thanks,it's very helpful info.Can you suggest where can I download PCC forms when you submit docs to commissioner office?Does the forms are same as passport office forms?Do you have any copy or format for police clearance?

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
smom said:
what does DMP mean?
Designated Medical Practitioners
You can get a list of those from here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1995&CountryName=India

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
smom said:
Can you suggest where can I download PCC forms when you submit docs to commissioner office?Does the forms are same as passport office forms?Do you have any copy or format for police clearance?
Will this thread help you (its about a year old)?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/police-clearance-certificate-in-india-easy-way-t39302.0.html

I'd still recommend the passport office way, though.

smom

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sakamath said:
Will this thread help you (its about a year old)?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/police-clearance-certificate-in-india-easy-way-t39302.0.html

I'd still recommend the passport office way, though.
Thqs,Passport office takes more time in my area.One of my frd applied 2months back still nothing.My Dad went to local police station for information,they'll give the letter in my lang(not in English).So I need format for english copy.

smom

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sakamath said:
Designated Medical Practitioners
You can get a list of those from here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1995&CountryName=India
ok,can we directly go DMP for Pre medical?

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
smom said:
...One of my frd applied 2months back still nothing...
If the address on your parent's passport = their current address = the City where they are applying for PCC, then it should not take time. Maximum a month or so. But that's just my guess. My mom applied for PCC at Mumbai 2 weeks ago. I'll keep you posted when she receives it.

smom said:
ok,can we directly go DMP for Pre medical?
I would wait for a letter from CIC before proceeding for the medicals.

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
sakamath said:
If the address on your parent's passport = their current address = the City where they are applying for PCC, then it should not take time. Maximum a month or so. But that's just my guess. My mom applied for PCC at Mumbai 2 weeks ago. I'll keep you posted when she receives it.

lol man..1 month is too long time..even 2 weeks is too long for pcc...did you read the sample letter?
cic requested docs in 60 days or application could be rejected! and you waste 30 days on getting pcc..lol no offense bro but you should consult some good immigration lawyer if you dont want to fuck up your case
@smom sorry i dont have any idea about getting pcc from commissioners office..but you should contact your immigration lawyer/consultant and he can tell you the fastest way to get it in your area..

and about medicals ..i am talking about pre-medicals not the real medicals pre-edicals are not sent to embassy,..
pre-medical is just like check up..they will detect if there are any problems in blood ,urine, x-ray etc which can cause trouble in REAL medical for embassy.. if there are any problems the doc will give you medicine or injections etc..

my dad had some infection in blood but during pre-medical they found it and cured it with injections..
if we had not taken pre-medical ,the infection would not have gone and it could cause trouble in
real medical test..
it happens a lot..many people who had T.B years ago ,they dont tell the doc that they had T.B when the doc sends medical to embassy..they see some marks in x-ray..these marks are of T.B....even if the T.B is not active the embassy will request sputum test which takes 45 days!! and it causes delay and soo much discomfort....so its best to tell the doc about everything during real medical..he can help you create reports that state that the T.B is inactive and cured..

smom

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sakamath said:

What's your local office(delhi or ottawa)?

smom

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jatt-going-canada said:
[/b]

@ smom sorry i dont have any idea about getting pcc from commissioners office..but you should contact your immigration lawyer/consultant and he can tell you the fastest way to get it in your area..
Thanks again.Already Cic ottawa sending emails for medicals & pcc.

smom

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jatt-going-canada said:
my dad had some infection in blood but during pre-medical they found it and cured it with injections..
if we had not taken pre-medical ,the infection would not have gone and it could cause trouble in
real medical test..
it happens a lot..many people who had T.B years ago ,they dont tell the doc that they had T.B when the doc sends medical to embassy..they see some marks in x-ray..these marks are of T.B....even if the T.B is not active the embassy will request sputum test which takes 45 days!! and it causes delay and soo much discomfort....so its best to tell the doc about everything during real medical..he can help you create reports that state that the T.B is inactive and cured..
Do you have any idea what type of medicals we expect from cic(except TB)?On pre medicals If they found TB in x-ray,does they do sputum test?The test takes 45 days but they give only 30days,how it possible?If it's not active then we are ok right.I don't know about these tests & very scary too.Now cic sending emails too.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
smom said:
What's your local office(delhi or ottawa)?
So far, I've only submitted the documents requested in the Nov 2011 letter from Mississauga. After that I haven't received any communication. I had mailed the documents around Jan 14th.

Red rose

Feb 15, 2012
Hi everyone
I am very new on this forum. My moms medical done in mid dec./2011 n passport submitted in dec. also but no news after that. Any idea how long is the process after medical done. Ecas status showing application recieved that's it.

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
smom said:
Do you have any idea what type of medicals we expect from cic(except TB)?On pre medicals If they found TB in x-ray,does they do sputum test?The test takes 45 days but they give only 30days,how it possible?If it's not active then we are ok right.I don't know about these tests & very scary too.Now cic sending emails too.

cic requests for complete medical at first ..it includes chest x-ray, blood test for hiv or any other std..
they check eyesight,blood pressure,urine test etc....if there are any problems then they request some lab tests..its usually sputum test..

sputum test is test of saliva(spit) the person has to give saliva at a lab for 3 days..they keep the saliva and check it everyday for 45 days(can be less i m not 100 percent sure)
the saliva should not show any t.b culture.....

this is why i recommend pre-medical..its just a check up so you wont have any problems during real medical..

if your family memebers never had t.b in their life then no worries..if they had, then just tell the dmp that they had t.b but its inactive now. ..if you have reports of successfully curing t.b then show them to doctor....dont worry much about it.. the docs can create reports...you will be okay