+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Infant US Citizen entering Canada

sumit8383

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I am hoping someone on this forum can clarify this. I, am an Indian Citizen, holding Canadian PR, and reside in Seattle, WA.

In June 2021, I plan on making Canada my home and move permanently with my family to Vancouver BC. Here are the details of my family members:

1) Myself, Indian Citizen and Canadian PR having completed the initial landing

2) My wife, Indian Citizen and Canadian PR having completed the initial landing

3) My elder Son, US Citizen, and Canadian PR having completed the initial landing

4) My younger Son (1.5 years old) who is a US Citizen, and was born after the rest 3 of us received Canadian PR, thus he does not have Canadian PR

My question is regarding my younger son (#4 above). In June 2021 when we move from Seattle to Vancouver permanently, all four of us would be traveling/driving together and plan on entering via Peace Arch Border Crossing.

I was hoping that someone could confirm that my younger son (#4 above) would be able to come to Canada with us on the basis that he is a US Citizen and then we could apply for his PR as soon as we can after entering Canada.

Your confirmation and inputs in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Sumit

vkbca

Mar 29, 2021
This is a very unique situation and given the current covid situation, I think it would be best to call the CBSA at the Blaine border and ask about this.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I am in the exact same situation as you. I am also planning to move some time in the summer.
From my research, your second son can definitely travel with you. He will be admitted as a visitor for 6 months (they may be able to approve longer duration at POE, but not sure about this). Even with COVID restrictions, they are allowing immediate family members of PRs (like your second son) to come to Canada. All of you will need to follow quarantine requirements etc. if applicable.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
Check reuniting with family option when you arrive to that question.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am hoping someone on this forum can clarify this. I, am an Indian Citizen, holding Canadian PR, and reside in Seattle, WA.

In June 2021, I plan on making Canada my home and move permanently with my family to Vancouver BC. Here are the details of my family members:

1) Myself, Indian Citizen and Canadian PR having completed the initial landing

2) My wife, Indian Citizen and Canadian PR having completed the initial landing

3) My elder Son, US Citizen, and Canadian PR having completed the initial landing

4) My younger Son (1.5 years old) who is a US Citizen, and was born after the rest 3 of us received Canadian PR, thus he does not have Canadian PR

My question is regarding my younger son (#4 above). In June 2021 when we move from Seattle to Vancouver permanently, all four of us would be traveling/driving together and plan on entering via Peace Arch Border Crossing.

I was hoping that someone could confirm that my younger son (#4 above) would be able to come to Canada with us on the basis that he is a US Citizen and then we could apply for his PR as soon as we can after entering Canada.

Your confirmation and inputs in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Sumit
Are you compliant with your RO?