+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Infant TRV processing time during COVID

arefin1882

Sep 7, 2017
Hello I am a PR holder and so are my wife and 2 kids. We have a three month old baby who was born outside Canada. We wanted to move to Canada this year but due to Covid it was not possible (flight restrictions, medical condition etc). I have applied for a TRV for my infant son last month (22nd Sep). From the IRCC website it seems processing time of TRV is 195 days. Since this is quite a long period, I was wondering if there is anyway to get an expedited response, since my case is COVID related. While applying for TRV, I didn't specify COVID as a reason for TRV application, although I did explain my situation in a letter.

I was particularly wondering, if I should write to IRCC through webform mentioning that my TRV request is COVID related. Any insight will be appreciated.

mada1985

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Jeddah
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Not Yet
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
23-3-2015
Hi,

i have the same situation and i am totally confused on how to apply.

1. Did you register yourself on "GCKey ", or you have to register your child on "GCKey " ?
2. In the list of questions, do you answer the questions on behalf of your infant ?
What would you like to do in Canada?
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

Have you lived in Canada as a permanent resident or landed immigrant?
How are you related to your family member?
What is your marital status?
What is the main purpose of your visit?
Do you have a job in the country where you currently live?
Do you depend on someone for financial support?
Do you want to submit an application for a family member?

Reactions: CanadianPRbeku

meeta.s09

Mar 22, 2019
Hello I am a PR holder and so are my wife and 2 kids. We have a three month old baby who was born outside Canada. We wanted to move to Canada this year but due to Covid it was not possible (flight restrictions, medical condition etc). I have applied for a TRV for my infant son last month (22nd Sep). From the IRCC website it seems processing time of TRV is 195 days. Since this is quite a long period, I was wondering if there is anyway to get an expedited response, since my case is COVID related. While applying for TRV, I didn't specify COVID as a reason for TRV application, although I did explain my situation in a letter.

I was particularly wondering, if I should write to IRCC through webform mentioning that my TRV request is COVID related. Any insight will be appreciated.
Hi,
Were you able to get TRV for your baby ?
We are in similar position and wondering if a successful applicant could guide us.

Reactions: CanadianPRbeku

arefin1882

Sep 7, 2017
Hi,
Were you able to get TRV for your baby ?
We are in similar position and wondering if a successful applicant could guide us.

Hi I have applied for TRV last September and yet no response from Visa Office. I guess the processing time nowadays is six month due to Covid. So not expecting anything before March

meeta.s09

Mar 22, 2019
Hi I have applied for TRV last September and yet no response from Visa Office. I guess the processing time nowadays is six month due to Covid. So not expecting anything before March
Hi,
Is one of the parent already in Canada ?
if no, what invitation letter did you upload ? can a friend give invitation letter ?
I am confused about invitation letter and relationship proof with host/family member document . Can you please help ?

arefin1882

Sep 7, 2017
No we are outside Canada now. For invitation letter, I wrote it myself describing the situation I am in. You can do some research in this website and will see there were people who did the same and got TRV.

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
H
No we are outside Canada now. For invitation letter, I wrote it myself describing the situation I am in. You can do some research in this website and will see there were people who did the same and got TRV.
Hi - I'm in a similar situation as you. Were you able to get the visa?