+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ineligible sponsor

Apr 10, 2020
Hi I'm looking for some advice on outland spousal

I am Canadian born and raised, married to a woman in China and filed divorce on 2015/june in China
I have never undertaken spousal sponsorship neither my ex-wife had ever been to Canada.
Now I am married to someone in Canada and I want to sponsor her
I wonder if I will be refused as a sponsor due to a previous marriage? Will my previous marital status show on the GCMS record check?
What information do I need to include prior to the final submission of the spousal package?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I'm looking for some advice on outland spousal

I am Canadian born and raised, married to a woman in China and filed divorce on 2015/june in China
I have never undertaken spousal sponsorship neither my ex-wife had ever been to Canada.
Now I am married to someone in Canada and I want to sponsor her
I wonder if I will be refused as a sponsor due to a previous marriage? Will my previous marital status show on the GCMS record check?
What information do I need to include prior to the final submission of the spousal package?
There's no issue sponsoring your new wife. You must be 100% honest in the application about your previous marriage history. Definitely do not try to hide your previous marriage. Misrepresentation in application is taken very seriously and can result in your new spouse being banned from Canada for 5 years. As long as you are honest, there should be no issues.