+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ineligible Express Entry Profile can't make changes

Confusedee

Apr 16, 2015
I submitted a profile in express entry two weeks ago after taking the CIC test and getting a number to build the profile. The profile was deemed ineligible. I tried to make changes to it and inadvertently clicked the withdraw button. I am now unable to make any changes to the profile and am still not sure why the profile was ineligible.

I worked for more than 7 years in my primary occupation.
I am 36.
I have my language test results: 8, 8, 8, and 9.
My credentials were assessed and are equivalent.
I stated the required funds for my family of 4.
I am a PhD student in Canada since September 2013
My spouse has an open work permit.
My spouse has a first degree and has been working in Canada for more than one year, even though this is not in skill type A or B (Customer Service Representative banking sector)

I am ultimately confused and can't seem to make changes to the profile. My language test expires in August and I will have completed two academic years of full time study at the end of April.
I do not have full time work experience in Canada, but work part time in my primary occupation.

Do I have to wait a certain period of time to be able to start a new profile?
HELP!!!!

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Confusedee said:
I submitted a profile in express entry two weeks ago after taking the CIC test and getting a number to build the profile. The profile was deemed ineligible. I tried to make changes to it and inadvertently clicked the withdraw button. I am now unable to make any changes to the profile and am still not sure why the profile was ineligible.

I worked for more than 7 years in my primary occupation.
I am 36.
I have my language test results: 8, 8, 8, and 9.
My credentials were assessed and are equivalent.
I stated the required funds for my family of 4.
I am a PhD student in Canada since September 2013
My spouse has an open work permit.
My spouse has a first degree and has been working in Canada for more than one year, even though this is not in skill type A or B (Customer Service Representative banking sector)

I am ultimately confused and can't seem to make changes to the profile. My language test expires in August and I will have completed two academic years of full time study at the end of April.
I do not have full time work experience in Canada, but work part time in my primary occupation.

Do I have to wait a certain period of time to be able to start a new profile?
HELP!!!!
You cannot update once it says ineligible but you can submit another. So start fresh and create a new one but make sure you provide proper details to become eligible.(one of the reason I got ineligible - You should provide your school + college education details. just providing college wont help) ..

Atrr

May 5, 2015
WP_Jun13 said:
You cannot update once it says ineligible but you can submit another. So start fresh and create a new one but make sure you provide proper details to become eligible.(one of the reason I got ineligible - You should provide your school + college education details. just providing college wont help) ..

Hi,
i submitted my ee profile and it was found ineligible. I am eligible but i forgot to put the info for ECA. i have one question, what should i write under the information that if i have applied for ee before..(YES or No)
thanks, help would be much appreciated.

zen2x

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
Atrr said:
Hi,
i submitted my ee profile and it was found ineligible. I am eligible but i forgot to put the info for ECA. i have one question, what should i write under the information that if i have applied for ee before..(YES or No)
thanks, help would be much appreciated.
No

simonawo

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
I have read from people who updated their account but their score did not change, particularly their WES ECA report. All they got is that their account has been updated and yet, their score didnt change. I'm wanting to withdraw the profile i submitted because my points ought to go up when i update and i dont want what happened to others to happen to me. So, i'm considering withdrawing it and creating another one with an updated ECA report, i however heard others as well who said they mistakenly withdrew their profile and when they submitted another one, they were not given a job seeker validation code. Has anyone has such experience and were they eventually given a job seeker validation code?