+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Individual and Family Health Insurance

mitej65

Aug 16, 2010
Hi,

I'd like to know the best option possible for getting a personal health insurance for my family that will be good for 90days or 3mos. We are five in the family, my kids are 11, 7, & 3 yo.

Can anybody suggest a good travel insurance company?

I've seen blue cross, acesecure, & bonvoyage...does anybody know which has the best offer in terms of benefits and amount of coverage on the same level of plan? (e.g. same comprehensive, etc.)

Also, our plan is that I go ahead first to Canada, then after a month or two my family will follow. If this is the case, is it best to get myself individual plan travel insurance, then apply my family later? Or, apply a family plan even if they are staying in our country of residence for 1 month before they fly to Canada? Another question: with this plan in mind, on my first landing in Canada, will the government allow me to apply the health insurance for my family, for all five of us? Or the government will only grant the application for myself and only after my family arrives in a month or two will they be allowed to apply for their own health insurance?

Your comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
Hi mitej,

I know people who used services of Manulife and TIC insurance companies. Manulife is one of the biggest.

I am not sure if you can apply for the provincial health insurance for all 5 of your family members with 4 of them being outside of Canada as they have thing like "waiting period" (usually 3 month) you must undergo before you can get your provincial insurance.