Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Hello friends,

You may be wondering why I'm opening this thread when we have direct flights from India to Canada. I personally feel the below issues with the direct flight,
1. Highly-priced.
2. 15+ hours of travel which makes it difficult with a baby
3. Some of my friends faced issues with Air India services.

With that said, is there anyone who tried an indirect route to Canada. If yes, can you please share your experiences?
I'm looking for more info around overcoming the travel bubble agreement that India has with other countries (like an Indian citizen can travel only if the destination of the flight is the final destination of the traveller)

Edit: There is another thread already on this - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indirect-route-from-india.737897/

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello friends,

You may be wondering why I'm opening this thread when we have direct flights from India to Canada. I personally feel the below issues with the direct flight,
1. Highly-priced.
2. 15+ hours of travel which makes it difficult with a baby
3. Some of my friends faced issues with Air India services.

With that said, is there anyone who tried an indirect route to Canada. If yes, can you please share your experiences?
I'm looking for more info around overcoming the travel bubble agreement that India has with other countries (like an Indian citizen can travel only if the destination of the flight is the final destination of the traveller)
There is a very active thread in the International Students section of the forum that discusses this topic. Suggest you join discussions there

Reactions: ncrohith

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
There is a very active thread in the International Students section of the forum that discusses this topic. Suggest you join discussions there
Thanks. My initial search didn't catch that thread.

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Another poster already replied you the route via Russia & UK.
Yes. I was looking for further experiences with a single stop itinerary. In my case, travelling via Russia is not viable.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. I was looking for further experiences with a single stop itinerary. In my case, travelling via Russia is not viable.
I also read somewhere in this forum more than 6 months ago that a poster from India traveled to Canada via the Maldives.

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
I also read somewhere in this forum more than 6 months ago that a poster from India traveled to Canada via the Maldives.
I'm specifically looking for any European itinerary. I'll have a small baby with me, and I'm trying to avoid long flights and multiple hops.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm specifically looking for any European itinerary. I'll have a small baby with me, and I'm trying to avoid long flights and multiple hops.
Given the high rate of covid in Europe there is always a risk that there will be more requirements if traveling through Europe.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why the airlines are even booking the tickets if it's not allowed!? Direct flights are super expensive rn
Because they are a business. Until an airline is told they can’t travel somewhere they will continue booking flights. When it comes to travel and covid nothing is guaranteed. Extra restrictions can be added at any time if there is a big spike in cases or Canada is seeing a huge influx in cases brought into Canada from certain countries.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Hi,
I would like to book indirect flight tickets from Delhi to Edmonton.
Is there a way to get US transit visa?

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Hi,
I would like to book indirect flight tickets from Delhi to Edmonton.
Is there a way to get US transit visa?
it'll cost you more time and money to apply for us transit visa than to buy ticket with some other country layover, I believe

AnnaliseRowe

Sep 3, 2022
Long flights with connections are much more difficult than direct flights, especially with a child. Some connections can last more than five hours. Accordingly, you will be in the waiting room for so long. Of course, staying in a hotel for the duration of the transfer is an option, but again, it is quite expensive. Conclusion one: choose direct flights, but in business class. This way, your flight will be much more comfortable without any problems. I fly with TravelBusinessClass for short and long distances. Customer-oriented is their best feature. I appreciate it when an airline accompanies the customer from booking the tickets to the end of the flight.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Long flights with connections are much more difficult than direct flights, especially with a child. Some connections can last more than five hours. Accordingly, you will be in the waiting room for so long. Of course, staying in a hotel for the duration of the transfer is an option, but again, it is quite expensive. Conclusion one: choose direct flights, but in business class. This way, your flight will be much more comfortable without any problems. I fly with TravelBusinessClass for short and long distances. Customer-oriented is their best feature. I appreciate it when an airline accompanies the customer from booking the tickets to the end of the flight.
There's no guarantee that one can be boarded on the plane even on first class:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/harry-potter-actor-slams-air-canada-while-travelling-to-toronto-1.6044335

Also, even if your check-in luggage had been tagged as priority luggage, your luggage can still be treated as abandoned at the pearson international airport in Toronto.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Ok I don’t know if you were having a stroke while typing that out , but god speed . Believe me from someone that put in close to 30 years behind a ticket counter @ Pearson , akin to a jail sentence , people should NOT book airline tickets thru third party booking agencies. It’s a recipe for disaster. Always book directly thru the airline . And btw , when everything goes to hell in a hand-basket at the airport , business class passengers are just another body the agent has to deal with . On the rare occasion, more annoying.Cancelled flights , lost bags , weather delays , air traffic , do not discriminate whether someone is in the back of the bus or the front . You might get a carpet though to stand on when you’re checking in & a fancy priority tag slapped on your bag though .

** I’ve been one of those agents climbing thru thousands of bags trying to find a passengers bag .

Ain’t pretty

Last edited: