+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian TRV timeline march

ooops

Oct 23, 2014
Dear All.. please advice....

I applied for single entry TRV for my dad from bangalore on March 20th 2017 (paper application vfs bangalore). At the time, we had booked tickets for April 24th (assuming 18 - 20 calendar days processing time). On April 20th we sent a CSE and an e-mail came next day stating that they had send an e-mail request for medical on April 17th, which we never received. We called vfs call center on April 21st and they have an envelope from consulate. So upon receiving the letter enclosed was medical request which was completed on April 25th. We were advised to drop the confirmation sheet back with vfs Bangalore which we did on April 28th. I ended up canceling our original flight tickets.
Could some one say what may be a realistic timeline for the visa process to be complete now? When can we expect passports to arrive?
Does request of medial mean rest of the application is processed?

Sincere thanks

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
luvanuj said:
Looks like the Online system seems to be slow.

I applied for my mom's visa on 25th March. Still waiting.
Any updates? I guess you have surpassed the processing time of 18/21 days

ooops

Oct 23, 2014
Dear All.. please advice....

I applied for single entry TRV for my dad from bangalore on March 20th 2017 (paper application vfs bangalore). At the time, we had booked tickets for April 24th (assuming 18 - 20 calendar days processing time). On April 20th we sent a CSE and an e-mail came next day stating that they had send an e-mail request for medical on April 17th, which we never received. We called vfs call center on April 21st and they have an envelope from consulate. So upon receiving the letter enclosed was medical request which was completed on April 25th. We were advised to drop the confirmation sheet back with vfs Bangalore which we did on April 28th. I ended up canceling our original flight tickets.

Could some one say what may be a realistic timeline for the visa process to be complete now? When can we expect passports to arrive?

Sincere thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ooops said:
Medicals are unusual for a TRV especially for parents. Did your dad pass the medicals? For how long does your dad want to visit?

It's not possible to say when the visa processing will be completed. I suggest you try to link his application to his online account so that you don't miss out on updates/requests sent by the visa office to VFS

Edit:
You may want to buy an overseas medical insurance policy if his visit is less than 6 months (covering pre-existing medical conditions).... and submit a copy of this policy through a CSE + email to the visa office

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A quick update guys. I had applied for my sister's TRV on March 31st and received the PPR today. My sister lives in Bangalore, India and I had applied online.

Nithya Gandhi

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Is it must to attach the document checklist in visa application?

Wat is this Authority to release personal information to a designated individual IMM5475 al about?

Do we need ro submit both use of rep and IMM5475 form?

We did online payment for our parents from so how to submit the proof of payment? Or jus check the fee payment option in document list as we paid and received the confirmation status.

Please reply soon

ooops

Oct 23, 2014
Hi Bryanna.. Thanks for your kind response

1. Medicals are unusual for a TRV especially for parents. Did your dad pass the medicals?

Dad had high BP on meds, the cic panel doctor did creatinine and requested cardiology opinion.. the cardiologist did ECG, ECHO and TMT.. the cardiologist said all good.

2. For how long does your dad want to visit?

seven weeks. the applicaton was for a single entry TRV.

3. It's not possible to say when the visa processing will be completed. I suggest you try to link his application to his online account so that you don't miss out on updates/requests sent by the visa office to VFS
I would try to link it. Could you guide me how.

4. Regarding insurance- I had already submitted Canadian insurance covering pre-existing conditions for the duration of his stay when we originally submitted the application

Note: He has come to visit us in canada earlier in 2013 for 7 weeks...

Any insights?

Thanks in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ooops said:
Dad had high BP on meds, the cic panel doctor did creatinine and requested cardiology opinion.. the cardiologist did ECG, ECHO and TMT.. the cardiologist said all good.
And for creatinine levels (kidney)? You can check if he has passed the medicals when you link his paper app to the online account.

I would try to link it. Could you guide me how.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Do note you will not be contacted by email/VFS staff after you link the application.

All going well, it could take 2-3 weeks after passing medicals to get a passport request. I suggest you link his application first to check for any additional updates

ooops

Oct 23, 2014
Thanks Bryanna..

I believe creatinine is for kidney..
I tried to link the account just now... it shows that I made some error in the search.... I tried three times ... same message all three times..

So I will wait now for the final decision I guess. They have my dad's passport.. So hopefully they will stamp it and send it...

Thanks again.. will keep updated

KRPSON

Sep 15, 2011
I HAVE APPLIED ONLINE TRV 14 MARCH 2017 STILL I HAVE WAITING. WHAT I HAVE TO DO ? I AM frustrated

ibhdb

Oct 11, 2016
There are many people who applied in March and still waiting.

Did u applied paper based or online?
From which city did you apply?
Did u get any response after application?

As normal processing time has passed so you can send CSE.

hridayesh

Apr 17, 2017
I applied on 14th March and no response yet.
Sent two CSE no reply.
The day before yesterday I sent an email to DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and surprisingly I got a reply in just one day. However the reply seem to be very generic doesn't say much about the actual status of the application.

"Due to exceptionally high volumes of applications, our processing times are longer than usual. In the interests of fairness, applications are processed in the order in which they are received, thus we are unable to accommodate your request for expedited processing."

kiranone

Sep 10, 2014
ibhdb said:
There are many people who applied in March and still waiting.

Did u applied paper based or online?
From which city did you apply?
Did u get any response after application?

As normal processing time has passed so you can send CSE.
I applied for my 5 year old daughter's TRV on Mar-25. No update yet.

hridayesh

Apr 17, 2017
KRPSON said:
I HAVE APPLIED ONLINE TRV 14 MARCH 2017 STILL I HAVE WAITING. WHAT I HAVE TO DO ? I AM frustrated
Nothing, just sit back and relax.I applied same day, still waiting for the response.

ooops

Oct 23, 2014
Thanks Bryanna..

@ Bryanna and all

Thanks for your kind, timely n helpful advices
My dad ultimately got visa....

Time line
paper application in bangalore vfs (for single entry TRV) on march 20th
medicals requested on April 20th
medicals completed in on april 24th/25th
medicals uploaded on may 2nd
passport couriered on may 8th
passport received on may 10th .. issued multiple entry through out the duration of the passport..

Now waiting for mom's visa processing - paper application in bangalore on april 18th