+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Sponsoring Filipino Girlfriend for PR

Kumar90

Apr 30, 2020
Hello members,
I am a PR with an Indian passport living in Canada, I am in a long distance relationship with a Filipino girl since December 2019, I plan to visit Philippines in near future to get married. I was actually wondering what are the steps (paper work) involved in sponsoring a Filipino national to Canada on spousal PR visa; also what are the paper work needed from Indian official side? Do I have to take her to India to get marriage certificate or if can apply directly from Canada without visiting India? please guys if anyone has some inputs , pls share ur valuable comments. Thank you in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello members,
I am a PR with an Indian passport living in Canada, I am in a long distance relationship with a Filipino girl since December 2019, I plan to visit Philippines in near future to get married. I was actually wondering what are the steps (paper work) involved in sponsoring a Filipino national to Canada on spousal PR visa; also what are the paper work needed from Indian official side? Do I have to take her to India to get marriage certificate or if can apply directly from Canada without visiting India? please guys if anyone has some inputs , pls share ur valuable comments. Thank you in advance.
1. If it is a valid marriage in the Philippines, why would you have to go to India?
2. Once you are married you can sponsor her. You can start your reading here: https://tinyurl.com/yc8dxsgq

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello members,
Have you already met in person at least once?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
No not yet. I could not travel due to the travel restrictions, my flight was booked for 17 April
Expect very close scrutiny of your application to say the least .Online relationship, no prior meetings , and getting married the very first time meeting in person, all accomplished within months of starting a online relationship
What’s the rush ?

Kumar90

Apr 30, 2020
Hi

1. If it is a valid marriage in the Philippines, why would you have to go to India?
2. Once you are married you can sponsor her. You can start your reading here:
Thank you bro
Expect very close scrutiny of your application to say the least .Online relationship, no prior meetings , and getting married the very first time meeting in person, all accomplished within months of starting a online relationship
What’s the rush ?
thats a valid question, I am now thinking to just visit her , spend few days . later maybe in second visit. plan to get married. Do I need to take all the chat records , screeenshots from now? also are there any other means to prove our relationship is legit? I appreciate ur feedback , Thank u bro

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thank you bro

thats a valid question, I am now thinking to just visit her , spend few days . later maybe in second visit. plan to get married. Do I need to take all the chat records , screeenshots from now? also are there any other means to prove our relationship is legit? I appreciate ur feedback , Thank u bro
I’d review this link from the IRCC

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Thank you bro

Yes get all the proofs you have, chat logs, family letters of support, family boarding passes of those that attended the wedding from out of the country. Same with friends who know of the relationship, friends who attended the wedding. Honeymoon pictures, pictures together, gifts you have given each other, birthday cards or other cards you wrote for each other. Money you have given each other.....all things couples do.
My wife is Indian and I'm Canadian born (indo-canadian), I only met my wife in person for one week before we got engaged. Then the next time I met her was at the engagement party. We talked everyday with facetime and WhatsApp. We provided all that proof.

The relationship should be genuine and not for the purposes of immigration. Since both of us were from the same culture and its normal in the culture to do what we did im guessing there was less scrutiny. You are from different cultures and different religions (im assuming) so you will have to overcome those barriers.