App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
post everything to the embassy along with fees

sachinma

Dec 17, 2017
Hey Guys

Just thought I would post letting you know what I had to do for me to get my Indian PCC for my PR application. I hold an indian passport.

I went onto this website: http://www.blsindia-canada.com/pol_clr_cert.php
They have listed all the documentation required on the website and all the fees associated with the application. I should mention I'm a single, male.
Here is what I took with me:

- Application Form Signed and Filled
- Three (3) copies of Police Clearance References Form (signed and filled)
- 4 photographs (I took the photo at a shoppers drug mart) according to their spec (35mm x 35mm)
- 2 copies of the first page of my passport
- 2 copies of the last page of my passport
- 1 copy of my post graduate work permit (PGWP)
- Original passport (Indian passport)
- Original work permit (PGWP)
- Cash / Debit card (total amount after taxes and the courier charge was CAD$ 74.10).

I walked in to the BLS India brampton location on a friday morning at 8 15 am. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. Super efficient. They took my passport and gave me a receipt with an application number. I received my passport back in the mail on the following Thursday (5 business days!) by FedEx. Someone HAS to sign for it, make sure you track it and stay at home that day!

The PCC is just a signed and attested letter from the indian consulate general saying you have no criminal record. It is stapled on to your passport but its a regular A4 size sheet, so I just removed it in order to scan it and upload it to myCIC.

Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers and good luck!
That's awesome!
I am also filling PCC application forms and stuck with one field of "Period of Stay" in "Police Clearance Reference" Form. This is single line field.
What is expected to write here? Number of days or dates of stay? Is it for last 10 years or since birth or since I moved to Canada?
Appreciate your response!

Thanks!

sachinma

Dec 17, 2017
I recently applied for PCC on 7 Feb 2020 and got it on 13 Feb 2020. Very fast processing. Applied at Brampton BLS, 20 Gillingham Dr .
They will keep your original passport along with application. Also i got the picture clicked at BLS itself which is convenient. Total fees - 90 $ CAD (Includes courier at home via Purolator).
Amazing quick service!
Hi,
How did you fill the "Period of Stay in India" field in "Police Clearance Reference Form" (3 copies)? Is it all stay/visits to India since being in Canada ?

Thanks,

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Apr 10, 2016
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask about PCC that I got PCC when I was in India 19th November 2019 and I came back in Canada December 9th. Will it be valid for a year or 6 months ?

Regards,
Jaimin

nilshap

Jul 31, 2019
Has anyone applied PCC recently?
It's been 2 weeks and application status shows 'No records found' on BLS.
Nowadays, how many days it will take to get PCC ?

vishvajeet

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Any idea about pcc from Vancouver or Surrey..?
How long it takes.?
Depends on where your passport was issued. If it was issued in India then further depends on Police Station, SP office and PSK in your area. I have applied on May 25th, still waiting for police verification to be completed in India.

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

i am just wondering about the Photo requirement for PCC, dose it requires with specs or without it ?

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Depends on where your passport was issued. If it was issued in India then further depends on Police Station, SP office and PSK in your area. I have applied on May 25th, still waiting for police verification to be completed in India.

Actually my passport was issued in India. It was expired last year. I renewed it in Surrey in June 2019. New passport issued in Vancouver

vishvajeet

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Actually my passport was issued in India. It was expired last year. I renewed it in Surrey in June 2019. New passport issued in Vancouver
Should be fast then but you never know as they changed the process to initiate police verification for everyone. One person who had renewed passport outside India received PCC within 2 weeks from Vancouver by applying on 19th May but I am not sure if that stands true now.