nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys

Just thought I would post letting you know what I had to do for me to get my Indian PCC for my PR application. I hold an indian passport.

I went onto this website: http://www.blsindia-canada.com/pol_clr_cert.php
They have listed all the documentation required on the website and all the fees associated with the application. I should mention I'm a single, male.
Here is what I took with me:

- Application Form Signed and Filled
- Three (3) copies of Police Clearance References Form (signed and filled)
- 4 photographs (I took the photo at a shoppers drug mart) according to their spec (35mm x 35mm)
- 2 copies of the first page of my passport
- 2 copies of the last page of my passport
- 1 copy of my post graduate work permit (PGWP)
- Original passport (Indian passport)
- Original work permit (PGWP)
- Cash / Debit card (total amount after taxes and the courier charge was CAD$ 74.10).

I walked in to the BLS India brampton location on a friday morning at 8 15 am. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. Super efficient. They took my passport and gave me a receipt with an application number. I received my passport back in the mail on the following Thursday (5 business days!) by FedEx. Someone HAS to sign for it, make sure you track it and stay at home that day!

The PCC is just a signed and attested letter from the indian consulate general saying you have no criminal record. It is stapled on to your passport but its a regular A4 size sheet, so I just removed it in order to scan it and upload it to myCIC.

Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers and good luck!

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeibine said:
Good information.
So you got PCC in 5 days??
But the website processing time is 4-6weeks
I know! Thats whats very surprising to me! Caught me off guard if I'm honest.

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thinkshady said:
For inland folks, You can get PCC at CGI Toronto the same day.
Any idea if you can get same day PCC at Vancouver? As such residents of Alberta will not be able to apply at Toronto.

Thanks,
Bram

anagar07

May 1, 2017
Hey Guys,

I had submitted my profile for PCC by mail (fedex) a week ago. Can anyone tell me how I can track my application, as I don't have any receipts.

Thanks
Arushi

Alberta Semi Skilled

Jun 28, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2018
LANDED..........
26-09-2018
Can we get PCC from India directly rather than Indian Consulate or Embassy in Canada??

Visitor89

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Hello guys, I have a query. I got married to a Brazilian girl here in Canada while on PGWP. Now I'm eligible for CEC and I need PCC. PCC asks if iam married which I am but I never updated to the indian consulate? do you know if i have to change my passport first or i can just put married on the form and proceed

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
I know! Thats whats very surprising to me! Caught me off guard if I'm honest.
If your last lived address in India is same as address mentioned in your passport then you get it within 5-7 days. They consider that the background check was already conducted at the time of issuing the passport. I too got mine in 5 days.

If your last lived address is different than the address mentioned in your passport or if you had applied your passport under Tatkal scheme, then it may take upto 4-6 weeks as mentioned on their website. Because they will be doing background check after receiving your PCC application.

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Hey Guys,

I had submitted my profile for PCC by mail (fedex) a week ago. Can anyone tell me how I can track my application, as I don't have any receipts.

Thanks
Arushi
for PCC applications sent through post, you don't need receipt number. You can track using DOB and passport number only. On their tracking page, select Submission Type = "Postal application" and Application Type = "Passport application"

Leojongte

Jun 4, 2018
Hey Guys

Just thought I would post letting you know what I had to do for me to get my Indian PCC for my PR application. I hold an indian

They have listed all the documentation required on the website and all the fees associated with the application. I should mention I'm a single, male.

- 4 photographs (I took the photo at a shoppers drug mart) according to their spec (35mm x 35mm)
- Cash / Debit card (total amount after taxes and the courier charge was CAD$ 74.10).

I walked in to the BLS India brampton location on a friday morning at 8 15 am. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. Super efficient. They took my passport and gave me a receipt with an application number. I received my passport back in the mail on the following Thursday (5 business days!) by FedEx. Someone HAS to sign for it, make sure you track it and stay at home that day!

The PCC is just a signed and attested letter from the indian consulate general saying you have no criminal record. It is stapled on to your passport but its a regular A4 size sheet, so I just removed it in order to scan it and upload it to myCIC.

Hey Guys

Just thought I would post letting you know what I had to do for me to get my Indian PCC for my PR application. I hold an indian passport.

Please can you tell me what is Police Clearance Reference form ?
I downloaded (1) The Application form for Police Clearance (2) The Checklist (3)The Personal Particulars Form.

I did not see the Reference Form .
I download this forms from BLS website. If you can clarify for me, that will be great! Thanks !

vkuppa

Oct 22, 2019
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Any idea if you can get same day PCC at Vancouver? As such residents of Alberta will not be able to apply at Toronto.

Thanks,
Bram

I also have the same question can the residents of Alberta submit an application for emergency PCC in CGI torronto? Thank you.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I recently applied for PCC on 7 Feb 2020 and got it on 13 Feb 2020. Very fast processing. Applied at Brampton BLS, 20 Gillingham Dr .
They will keep your original passport along with application. Also i got the picture clicked at BLS itself which is convenient. Total fees - 90 $ CAD (Includes courier at home via Purolator).
Amazing quick service!

satya2003m

May 6, 2020
I recently applied for PCC on 7 Feb 2020 and got it on 13 Feb 2020. Very fast processing. Applied at Brampton BLS, 20 Gillingham Dr .
They will keep your original passport along with application. Also i got the picture clicked at BLS itself which is convenient. Total fees - 90 $ CAD (Includes courier at home via Purolator).
Amazing quick service!
Hi . I am trying to apply for PCC through the postal service method. The instructions for pick up and delivery are not very clear in their website. Are you aware of the process ? would your be able to help me out?