+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Btw I received a email from them stating bls has sent the police verification request to the police department! And they gave me a file number. Also it’s stated that if I don’t get verification done in three weeks I should be in touch with the respected police office in Mumbai! Did anyone get similar email.... the email shows my address and the police headquarters and the locality in Mumbai in my case juhu... should I wait three weeks for this or is their something I can do to speed up the process?

Last edited:

vishvajeet

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Btw I received a email from them stating bls has sent the police verification request to the police department! And they gave me a file number. Also it’s stated that if I don’t get verification done in three weeks I should be in touch with the respected police office in Mumbai! Did anyone get similar email.... the email shows my address and the police headquarters and the locality in Mumbai in my case juhu... should I wait three weeks for this or is their something I can do to speed up the process?
You can get in touch with them asap. Sometimes the police do not even check the request online. Request them to upload your PVR asap. Given the situation in Mumbai it might take time, better to get in touch with them.

Reactions: Max1010

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
You can get in touch with them asap. Sometimes the police do not even check the request online. Request them to upload your PVR asap. Given the situation in Mumbai it might take time, better to get in touch with them.
Oh ok will do! Thanks

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
PCC Application TImeline
Documents Send to BLS : 8 June
BLS to PSK : 18 June
Police Officer arrived at home : 8 July
Current Status on PSK : Applicaiton being processed with PSK
Current Status on BLS : Applicatio with High Commision
ITA received : 28 May
Deadline: 28 August

Hope it comes soon,

Ayesha_BeKind

Jul 9, 2020
Do we need to apply only through Purolator or can we send our documents with Canada post?

If through Purolator, how do we receive back the PCC? we have to send an empty envelope with a tracking ID?

ganga708

Apr 10, 2020
I got my PCC yesterday. It took me 2 months to get it. For some reason It took BLS Brampton three weeks to send my application from their office to the Toronto consulate. I’m sure my application was lying in their office unnoticed and then someone finally seen it after three weeks, and then my papers were lying at my local police station in Mumbai. When my dad went to inquire the officer said that they have many other passport applications pending from the last 3 months which have not been completed due to the Covid lockdown. He said it would take two months more to process my application as they will do it according to the ones which came first. My dad requested him several times after which he agreed to do it within 2 days. It was really a bad experience and frustrating specially BLS because they are arrogant as F&$k and do not answer emails or calls not do they have clear instructions on their website. If my dad wouldn’t have gone to the local Police station, I for sure would have missed My ITA deadline.

It would be a great help to everyone if they change the PCC application process like Medicals results, all we do is apply and the Indian consulate sends it directly to IRCC.
That some reason is that they are quarantining the files as well(Just some indian stuff) they dont touch file at BLS for 14 days and the same happens at CGI then the Indian Police Station had my file for over a week(no actions) then we approached them so that they could come home and complete their part in the process. Mine took 58 days to be exact

ganga708

Apr 10, 2020
Do we need to apply only through Purolator or can we send our documents with Canada post?

If through Purolator, how do we receive back the PCC? we have to send an empty envelope with a tracking ID?
Its purolator only ... best is to call BLS service centre and they will set up payments for express pickup and dropoff at yours address and a pickup can be schedules for the same or Next day... you can do it online at BLS india canada website as well.
P.S. BLS is open for walkins as well

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019

You can also send by Canada post. Although their website says Purlator, but they accept all.
They will open your application after 2 weeks regardless of which method you choose.

singh30

Jul 15, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I am applying for the family class sponsorship and I am now trying to obtain the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from India. BLS has asked me to provide an invitation letter or documentary proof of applying for residential status. Since I am applying under Family class (Common-Law) I don't have an invitation letter. What to do? I don't have a marriage certificate as I am in a Common law relationship. Please suggest

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Option 1 : Try to explain them
option 2: If you can wait, upload a LOE with your PR application saying you need a letter from them, after you get it provide the same to BLS.

They asked me for a letter from them too, I am applying for PR. I gave them the ITA.

"
If you need a request letter
Some countries will only give you a police certificate if you have a request letter from us. If this applies to you:

• Upload a document in the police certificate field in the document checklist that says: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate”.
We’ll then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we’ll send you more information on how to get a police certificate."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

pritpalkaur95

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Hey Guys, I received my PCC from purolator today. With the application I uploaded LOE for PCC.Now to upload the actual one, I am getting lots of mixed comment on raising a webform. some are saying from the type of application select "Replace/Amendment document" and others are saying select "Permanent Resident (Applied Online)". Please let me know which one is the correct one to upload my PCC.
Hello
Did you send your PCC to IRCC ? Could you please tell me how did you send it ?

akhilapaul

Jul 21, 2020
For PCC I don’t have an address proof to show my new address which I moved recently. I did put my new address. But I submitted my drivers license with old address to show the address proof. Anyone know which is the right thing to do in this case.

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
PCC Application TImeline
Documents Send to BLS : 8 June
BLS to PSK : 18 June
Police Officer arrived at home : 8 July
Received PCC from BLS in my CA Address via Purolator : 21 July

Simratpal

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
For PCC I don’t have an address proof to show my new address which I moved recently. I did put my new address. But I submitted my drivers license with old address to show the address proof. Anyone know which is the right thing to do in this case.
You should have gone to service ontario to update your new address for your DL and then you can submit your new address with the application. In my case i changed my address online and and on the confirmation there was no information for my Dl just the new address. I went to service Ontario and explained then situation and they made Dl copy on the same confirmation page and then confirm the new address with stamp on it. Hopefully you got your answer.

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hi All,

I have few questions regarding PCC document checklists.

** Please note I will be submitting from Toronto, it's clearly mentioned bank statements are not valid**

Can I submit my SIN letter with my present address as a document checklist ? ( In recent document checklist it's mentioned only Driving License and Utilities bills) ?
Or
I need to apply for a driving license ASAP ?

What would be the alternative for above 2? ( can I submit Ontario Govt. ID card ?)

How long does it take now a days ? ( After reading through few posts I assume 6-7 weeks)

Can I apply in person in BLS now ? Will that save some time since walk-in is Open ?

Or I have to opt for postal service by purolator ?

Last edited: