+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC

straightdrive

May 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

Need advice on my Indian PCC. Please reply only if you are sure, as otherwise, it just creates confusion.

I am 33 and have been living in Australia for more than 10 years. Before that, I lived all my life in India. In the last 10 years, I have visited India on 4 occasions and never stayed more than 5 weeks at a time (roughly 4 months in total). Now, do I still need Indian PCC even though I haven't lived in India for a long period of time. And yes, I have a copy of my Indian PCC that I had to arrange a few years ago!

Regards...

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
straightdrive said:
Hi Guys,

Need advice on my Indian PCC. Please reply only if you are sure, as otherwise, it just creates confusion.

I am 33 and have been living in Australia for more than 10 years. Before that, I lived all my life in India. In the last 10 years, I have visited India on 4 occasions and never stayed more than 5 weeks at a time (roughly 4 months in total). Now, do I still need Indian PCC even though I haven't lived in India for a long period of time. And yes, I have a copy of my Indian PCC that I had to arrange a few years ago!

Regards...
Hi,

I'm assuming that you want to immigrate to Canada as you are writing a post here.

There are few things that you need to look at..

1. Indian PCC or any other PCC unless otherwise specified is not valid for more than 1 year.

2. PCC are requested for a place that you have stayed for more than 6 months at a stretch . In your case, if you have stayed in India for more than 6 months at a stretch since you have turned 18, you would need a fresh copy of Indian PCC.

3. For Indians staying in India, you can book at appointment at a local passport seva kendra and get it the same day. In rare occurrence, when your Permanent address is not the same as in your passport, it will take a few days. If you are residing in Australia at present, please check with Indian embassy on process to obtain them there it self.

I hope this helps.

All the best.