+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC - Spouse name not required anymore

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Long Story - I am planning to apply for PR early next year once I complete my 1 year of work and have been following threads rigorously to collect information on what needs to be done. The PCC has always been a point of contention and a lot people advised me to start the PCC process at least a month before. Recently (I think somewhere in Aug) there were changes to regulations for getting PCC for married couples where they made it mandatory to have the spouse name affixed in the passport. This requirement did not exist previously and I am happy to confirm that it does not exist anymore with the updated checklist published on BLS website on Nov 18.
Link - toronto-PCC-Checklist-Rev-10-10-NOV-18-2020.pdf (blsindia-canada.com)

For the curious kind, here is the link to the old checklist which says you need to reissue passport in case your spouse name is missing before applying for PCC. A lot of members here on the forum have also confirmed this requirement existed. Link - toronto-pcc-checklist-rev-10-9-oct-20-2020.pdf (blsindia-canada.com)

I had received an official confirmation from the consulate regarding this back in October that this was a mandatory requirement and they had asked me to re-apply for passport. I have sent them an email again and am awaiting official confirmation.

Short Version - Spouse name is no more required on passport when applying for PCC.

LuXar

Mar 13, 2018
Thank you so much for the info.
But do we need to submit some other documents ?

I am stuck because of this as I don't have my spouse name on my passport.

maverick_bigapple

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Long Story - I am planning to apply for PR early next year once I complete my 1 year of work and have been following threads rigorously to collect information on what needs to be done. The PCC has always been a point of contention and a lot people advised me to start the PCC process at least a month before. Recently (I think somewhere in Aug) there were changes to regulations for getting PCC for married couples where they made it mandatory to have the spouse name affixed in the passport. This requirement did not exist previously and I am happy to confirm that it does not exist anymore with the updated checklist published on BLS website on Nov 18.
Link - toronto-PCC-Checklist-Rev-10-10-NOV-18-2020.pdf (blsindia-canada.com)

For the curious kind, here is the link to the old checklist which says you need to reissue passport in case your spouse name is missing before applying for PCC. A lot of members here on the forum have also confirmed this requirement existed. Link - toronto-pcc-checklist-rev-10-9-oct-20-2020.pdf (blsindia-canada.com)

I had received an official confirmation from the consulate regarding this back in October that this was a mandatory requirement and they had asked me to re-apply for passport. I have sent them an email again and am awaiting official confirmation.

Short Version - Spouse name is no more required on passport when applying for PCC.
@creativerbl Were you successful in getting your PCC application approved without your spouse's name on the Passport? Alternatively, did you have to reapply for a passport to include the name and then apply for the PCC?

PS: I'm planning on sending out the application with the marriage certificate and a copy of my spouse's passport.

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
@creativerbl Were you successful in getting your PCC application approved without your spouse's name on the Passport? Alternatively, did you have to reapply for a passport to include the name and then apply for the PCC?

PS: I'm planning on sending out the application with the marriage certificate and a copy of my spouse's passport.
I haven't applied yet, still procrastinating. Haven't got the ITA yet so it is all preemptive. But I plan to very soon. But a lot of other members have confirmed this on the portal. You are good with the marriage certificate and dont need to apply for passport renewal.

parminder7765

Aug 21, 2020
canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
edmonton
I haven't applied yet, still procrastinating. Haven't got the ITA yet so it is all preemptive. But I plan to very soon. But a lot of other members have confirmed this on the portal. You are good with the marriage certificate and dont need to apply for passport renewal.
hi did you got your pcc

Reactions: creativerbl

parminder7765

Aug 21, 2020
canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
edmonton
Yes I did
hi ,
did you apply with your marriage certificate or without marriage certificate? actually my wife's parents don't know about our marriage . can we show her single in pcc application form .
our marriage registered in canada but i add her name on my passport . please guide me what shuold i do .
thank you

Sonia23

Sep 24, 2020
hi ,
did you apply with your marriage certificate or without marriage certificate? actually my wife's parents don't know about our marriage . can we show her single in pcc application form .
our marriage registered in canada but i add her name on my passport . please guide me what shuold i do .
thank you
One of my friend is also in same situation as her parents doesn’t know and she applied as single and got her pcc. Did you apply or not yet

parminder7765

Aug 21, 2020
canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
edmonton
One of my friend is also in same situation as her parents doesn’t know and she applied as single and got her pcc. Did you apply or not yet
ok thank you for your reply . i have not apply yet. i have one more question . BLS have our marriage record because i update my wife's name on my passport can we still fill single in form.
thank you

Sonia23

Sep 24, 2020
ok thank you for your reply . i have not apply yet. i have one more question . BLS have our marriage record because i update my wife's name on my passport can we still fill single in form.
thank you
yes you can, because you both are going to apply individually and keep distance of somedays, so it will not be any problem, pcc is for individual and does not have marital status on it.

akashchahal

Oct 15, 2021
hi did you got your pcc
I have same issue. My wife parents don’t know about our marriage and we don’t have spouse name on our passport. If we apply pcc as a single status then it’s shows fathers name on pcc not husband name.
Does it create problem in PR for express entry. Please reply as only 1 month is left to apply express entry.

I will really appreciated.

akashchahal

Oct 15, 2021
I have same issue. My wife parents don’t know about our marriage and we don’t have spouse name on our passport. If we apply pcc as a single status then it’s shows fathers name on pcc not husband name.
Does it create problem in PR for express entry. Please reply as only 1 month is left to apply express entry.

I will really appreciated.