+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC from US embassy - via mail and in person

rgn

Jul 9, 2018
did any one applied for PCC from NYC via mail in recent times?

IF so Can you please answer these question.

1. i renewed my pp from NYC. so should i sent both old and new original pps in the mail
2. how many pages of photocopies needed [also should i send copies from old PP]
3. how much is the fee? application form says 20 for process + 10$/20$ for mail . But the ref 1 i mentioned below has diff fee amounts
4. Do i need to notarize it or self attest it?

Thanks in advance

REf 1: https://www.indiainnewyork.gov.in/pages?id=eyJpdiI6IkJ2T2REUW9XM0Q2TDZPMW9vcjllZlE9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoibzBcL1hwNzNBXC9uSURvRWRpbjJYcFVRPT0iLCJtYWMiOiIxZDRiZjlmMjIwZjFkOWU5ZGI4MjcyY2ZjNDdmOTllNDVlYzVmMDc0MmNhZjY0MDZiNGJlNGUyMTI1ZmEzOTlkIn0=&subid=eyJpdiI6Ikg3Y3hucFwvXC9pdmRNNE1JMVlZXC9FeUE9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoiXC96Wk80WkR2NXlpYTZ3OGJMcDhaS2c9PSIsIm1hYyI6IjU2MDgxZmNkZDVlNzBlMWEyOGMxMDNjYmM3YjY0NzhiOGNiYmIwNDJlMWVhMDUwYWJjMTlkNDNmMGIyNzg0YjIifQ==&nextid=eyJpdiI6Inl4c1BqYVwvWXBGSTREVWkrSmNRMkdRPT0iLCJ2YWx1ZSI6Ikw4d096V3FRRTNDa29EY2RpZDAwNFE9PSIsIm1hYyI6IjIyMDdhNjY4MWJiODk2MjY0ZDNjYWE0ZmVmY2VlYjQwMzAzYWFiODVjZmI0ODYxMjAwOGM0ZWJjZjBlYzI5ZjMifQ==

Ref 2: application form.

yogi-g

Jan 29, 2018
Helo...

My passport was issued in NYC in 2016. i applied PCC for me and my wife on 19th Feb. they sent the PCC of my wife within 3 days but when i called Atlanta embassy they said 'they did not received information(or mail) from them(india i guess) regarding me and also scared me with 'it may take a month or even more' really ???
what do you think ?

Appreciate your response!!
Hi did you get your PCC?

Did the police visit your permanent address in India?

rashmi_sharma

Aug 31, 2018
Has anyone applied for PCC via San Francisco's Consulate? Their website is not clear about documents required and I am having a hard time connecting with them through any of their several contact numbers.

Appreciate your help!

koshiksamota

Oct 17, 2018
Has anyone applied for PCC at the SFO consulate recently? Do they require a single money order/cashiers check or 2? Also, do they accept cash?

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
I applied for PCC India two days back and got an email saying that they have sent my application to RPO Chandigarh. Is this normal ?

jaysal

Apr 9, 2018
I applied for PCC India two days back and got an email saying that they have sent my application to RPO Chandigarh. Is this normal ?
I heard about this that they can do that. But did not happen in my case. I think it will just add couple of days to your case.

Harsh6293

Aug 18, 2019
Just wanted to share my experience getting Indian PCC both via in-person application and mailing the application.
My husband and I maintain residences in different states so we did an in person application drop at Atlanta and mailed the application to NYC

In person at Atlanta consulate

1. Pretty much follow the guidelines on the consulate website.
2. Atlanta consulate has an additional form called miscellaneous service form as well which can be found on their website. You’ll need to take 3 copies.
3. So you’ll need 4 photographs in total. One for the application form and 3 for the miscellaneous service form.
4. Take exact cash. Far easier to pay that way.
5. Atlanta consulate stamps your passport when you receive the PCC so make sure you include that stamp when you submit the travel docs post ITA. Also ensure you have space for the stamp because it takes up one full page to stamp it.
6. The first time we went we got the PCC on the same day. The second time we submitted the docs on a Thursday and got the call only on Monday.

Mailing to New York consulate

1. Again pretty much follow the website directions.
2. No miscellaneous forms. Only an application form
3. NYC doesn’t stamp your passport but the receipt will be attached to your passport when it’s returned to you.
4. When I sent early in January 2018, I sent the fees as a single money order but now the language in the website has been changed to two separate money orders - one for the service fee and another for the ICWF fee. Check with the consulate before sending your application.
5. It takes them about one week (3-4 business days) from receipt to open the packet and then about 2 business days to process the application. In total your passport and PCC should be available to you by 10 days max.
6. Someone from the consulate will call you to check on which country you want the PCC for. Alternatively, you can include a cover letter in your application packet sayings it’s for Canada immigration.
7. I used USPS Express 1 day shipping and it was done on time.
Hi,

What if I do not send an additional return mailing envelope with my PCC application envelope? I have included the return label but not an additional envelope in my application. Will I get my Passport and PCC back?
Please help

Thanks

Harsh6293

Aug 18, 2019
1) You notarize only the documents which you are not sending the original copies of. So notarizing passport pages is not required.

2) I sent an envelope with a tracking number along with the documents. You can also send a money order of $20
1) You notarize only the documents which you are not sending the original copies of. So notarizing passport pages is not required.

2) I sent an envelope with a tracking number along with the documents. You can also send a money order of $20 instead.
Hi,

What if I do not send an additional return mailing envelope with my PCC application envelope? I have included the return label but not an additional envelope in my application. Will I get my Passport and PCC back?
Please help

Thanks

cyadav1988

Aug 28, 2019
Hi,

I am planning to apply for the PCC @ Chicago in person.

1. Will they return the passport to me the same day after verification of my documents? I am leaving for India in a month and I don't want them to keep my passport.
2. How long does it typically take to receive the PCC if applied in person? My passport was renewed in Chicago itself.

Please let me know! Thanks.

raviatuofu

Oct 16, 2013
I went in person to Indian Consulate in Chicago on Aug 26 [Monday]. My passport was issued in Hyderabad.
1. Went at 10AM and gave all the requested docs. The lady said it will be ready by 3PM.
2. Came back at 3.30PM and got the PCC Letter.
Desi suggestion :)- Plan ahead for parking. I paid $25 in the morning and $25 in the afternoon. Maybe park in a cheaper location and walk/uber/bus.