+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC - BLS rejected application as address in form does not match one in passport

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
I sent my Police Clearance Certificate application to BLS through Puralator, booking the pick up and delivery via the link sent to my email directly by the BLS agent (sent while I was on the phone).

Puralator picked up the package on Friday, 11:15am. Today it was loaded onto the truck for delivery at 10:45am and at 11:30am I received notification that they are unable to deliver due to temporary closure due to pandemic
Hello @Wacky1.nash, Did the puralator try to delivery again? or Did they just return the package to your address? I'm planning to apply soon. I'm wondering whether the Brampton BLS accepts Postal applications or not currently, though the BLS site mentions that they are accepting the applications via post

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Hello @Wacky1.nash, Did the puralator try to delivery again? or Did they just return the package to your address? I'm planning to apply soon. I'm wondering whether the Brampton BLS accepts Postal applications or not currently, though the BLS site mentions that they are accepting the applications via post
'I would like to know too.

Apr 29, 2021
My PCC application has been returned because the place of the issue on the passport is written Ahmedabad and I wrote Thaltej, Ahmedabad as that's my birth place. I am not sure how to contact them and also in their letter it stats my name wrong. mY surname is wrong. This sucks.

kingof2917

Feb 6, 2020
Hi, I have a similar question. I was living in a flat in Mumbai and that flat is in dispute with the seller however I was living with my family in that flat for last 10 years and I have a passport on that address too. Now I applied for PCC and the police are asking me to provide a letter from society or electricity bill but my parents said flat is in legal dispute so how can we give electricity bill or society letter? My parents are still living in that flat.

What should I do in this situation any advice?

Akhil_Desai

Jun 11, 2021
I got my PCC from India. But the "Place of Issue" is different from what's in my passport. All the other details are correct. Would that be problem and do I need to apply for a new one?

Juno Mishel Sebastian

Feb 13, 2019
Hey.. It did not work out. The application has been rejected and now, I have to apply for a new passport first with the updated Indian address first and then apply for PCC again.
The police man was willing to skip the in-person verification however, he still wanted documents from old address such as electricity bill or letter from society which was not possible as my family doesn't live there.
Recommend everyone to update the address first or it is going to be difficult. Thanks.
Hi @amank, i am also in similar situation... My current address is not updated in passport.
So just wanted to know, you mentioned your application was rejected..do you mean your canada pr application or the pcc?
Also if i mention the current address in pcc application, even though the passport does not have updated address, will it be fine? Since we are living in current address.
Please could you reply since it will be very helpful and i am stuck here.

AMANK1987

Aug 23, 2020
Hi @amank, i am also in similar situation... My current address is not updated in passport.
So just wanted to know, you mentioned your application was rejected..do you mean your canada pr application or the pcc?
Also if i mention the current address in pcc application, even though the passport does not have updated address, will it be fine? Since we are living in current address.
Please could you reply since it will be very helpful and i am stuck here.
@Juno Mishel Sebastian Hey.. by rejection I mean my PCC application was rejected. So I had to apply for a new passport with an updated address and then applied for a new PCC and got it.

It was not the best option however. What you are saying works and makes sense. Even if address on passport is different, just provide CURRENT ADDRESS in PCC application and they should verify accordingly. It will work. Nobody told me about this so I went for a new passport altogether. Anyway good luck. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Ramesh Mokkapati

arun1987

Mar 7, 2019
My PCC application has been returned because the place of the issue on the passport is written Ahmedabad and I wrote Thaltej, Ahmedabad as that's my birth place. I am not sure how to contact them and also in their letter it stats my name wrong. mY surname is wrong. This sucks.
Hello,

Do you have to create a new application and send a fresh postal? Will they accept if I send the new application scanned through EMail.

Thanks