+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC - BLS rejected application as address in form does not match one in passport

arnabnag

Mar 8, 2019
Hello Everyone -

Is anyone in a scenario where none of the family members reside in permanent address provided in the passport.

BLS rejected the application saying the address in passport needs to be updated but I do not have any proof of the new address where my parents are staying ?
Trying to get some feedback on how to proceed forward. If I give my address in passport, no one resides there today.

Thanks
Arnab

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
In the same situation looking for an answer here. My research says its best to match all details as in passport to avoid rejection. Second question is is there really a in person police verification at the address all the time? I have heard some people that its basically a background check and they did not have any police come to their place. Maybe its different in different cities in India

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

AMANK1987

Aug 23, 2020
Hey guys.. I am in a similar situation. My parents in India moved to a new address while my passport still has the old address. Regardless, I applied for PCC and today I got a notification that my file has reached at my local police station.
Now, if a police man visits the old address, he would find someone else living there. As a result, I asked my parents to go to the police station upfront, give an explanation & try to get it done while producing all reqd documents for old as well as for new address. I hope it works out I will update the status here.
@Anaysa rules changed in April 2020 and now each and every PCC application is subject to an in-person verification of the address mentioned on your passport.
Hope for the best good luck all!

Reactions: Anaysa

AMANK1987

Aug 23, 2020
Hey.. It did not work out. The application has been rejected and now, I have to apply for a new passport first with the updated Indian address first and then apply for PCC again.
The police man was willing to skip the in-person verification however, he still wanted documents from old address such as electricity bill or letter from society which was not possible as my family doesn't live there.
Recommend everyone to update the address first or it is going to be difficult. Thanks.

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hi! Sorry to hear about the rejection. How do you know that the police was ready to skip the in person verification? Did your parents go to the police station and talk to them as stated in your previous reply? We still own the old house and have our aadhar card with old address.

As for updating the address in the passport, what if we do not have any other document with the new address. Will the new address In my passport alone work out? Or my parents also have to change it? And how long does this procedure take to update the address in the passport?
Thank you!
Best wishes

Nomad18

Nov 16, 2020
Hello Guys, I am also in similar boat. My passport address was of a rental house and I dont stay there anymore. There would be some other tenant staying there. How can i get PCC in that case.
PS: I am doing PCC for PR purpose only.

Last edited:

arnabnag

Mar 8, 2019
Hello Guys, I am also in similar boat. My passport address was of a rental house and I dont stay there anymore. There would be some other tenant staying there. How can i get PCC in that case.
PS: I am doing PCC for PR purpose only.

I provided my new address in PCC (even though the passport had old address) and i provided all the documentation that my parents have since they reside in the new address. Your local police station is either going to call you or you need to reach out with your file number to them. Show all the documentation of your parents and you should be good. If you are not available, your parents can reach out to police station as well.

I got PCC in just over a month and a half (CGI Toronto). I applied in August and got it around mid-October. Hope this information helps you.

arnabnag

Mar 8, 2019
FYI - update to the initial thread - I reached out to CGI Toronto - they mentioned that it is ok to furnish new address even though you have old address in your passport. Went to BLS in person and they accepted.

Police verification will happen based on your parents documentation (of new address) and you might have to prove that you are legitimate child (birth certificate/ passport also has parents name).

At least this worked for me. I got PCC in 1 and half months.

Nomad18

Nov 16, 2020
Thanks for the update @arnabnag .
Right now my parents are not available at my permanent address. Has anyone done PCC on any friend's address? In that case what documents police will expect from my friend.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
FYI - update to the initial thread - I reached out to CGI Toronto - they mentioned that it is ok to furnish new address even though you have old address in your passport. Went to BLS in person and they accepted.

Police verification will happen based on your parents documentation (of new address) and you might have to prove that you are legitimate child (birth certificate/ passport also has parents name).

At least this worked for me. I got PCC in 1 and half months.
Hi there, I am in a similar situation. May I ask what parents’ proof of address you provided? The place where my mother currently resides, she has no proof of residence there. She lives with my uncle (moved back from US).

sumisays

Feb 22, 2021
I provided my new address in PCC (even though the passport had old address) and i provided all the documentation that my parents have since they reside in the new address. Your local police station is either going to call you or you need to reach out with your file number to them. Show all the documentation of your parents and you should be good. If you are not available, your parents can reach out to police station as well.

I got PCC in just over a month and a half (CGI Toronto). I applied in August and got it around mid-October. Hope this information helps you.
Hi, I've two questions for you.

You've mentioned that "If you are not available, your parents can reach out to police station as well." By this, which police station do you mean? The one attached to the address mentioned on your passport? Or the one attached to where your parents are currently at?

Also, did you do a walk-in or sent by post? Currently walk-ins are closed in Peel so I'm wondering if i should drive out to Ottawa for the same. Since it'll take about 1.5 months to get the PCC under current conditions.

Thanks.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I sent my Police Clearance Certificate application to BLS through Puralator, booking the pick up and delivery via the link sent to my email directly by the BLS agent (sent while I was on the phone).

Puralator picked up the package on Friday, 11:15am. Today it was loaded onto the truck for delivery at 10:45am and at 11:30am I received notification that they are unable to deliver due to temporary closure due to pandemic

arnabnag

Mar 8, 2019
Hi, I've two questions for you.

You've mentioned that "If you are not available, your parents can reach out to police station as well." By this, which police station do you mean? The one attached to the address mentioned on your passport? Or the one attached to where your parents are currently at?

Also, did you do a walk-in or sent by post? Currently walk-ins are closed in Peel so I'm wondering if i should drive out to Ottawa for the same. Since it'll take about 1.5 months to get the PCC under current conditions.

Thanks.
Police station will always be based on the address you provided in the form. In my scenario, it was the one that I mentioned in the form (not the one on passport).

Luckily, walk-in was open during September timeframe. If you can confirm from CGI Toronto beforehand, that they are fine to accept a different address - then going to Ottawa might be worth it. Otherwise not.

sumisays

Feb 22, 2021
Police station will always be based on the address you provided in the form. In my scenario, it was the one that I mentioned in the form (not the one on passport).

Luckily, walk-in was open during September timeframe. If you can confirm from CGI Toronto beforehand, that they are fine to accept a different address - then going to Ottawa might be worth it. Otherwise not.
Alright, thank you so much.