+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC at San Francisco Indian consulate....

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
From the above conversations, looks like they are taking around 1 month for processing the PCC at SFO.
My docs reached on 10/17/2019 and am awaiting a response on email from SFO Consulate if they have started processing.

However, my passport is issued in SFO ( Since I renewed it in April 2018) and was wondering if I can expect faster processing times ?

Few Naive questions:
What happens in the back end, do they call the Police station and the references that have been provided for validation of the PCC, I am curious since at my permanent address in India, it is in my village and my relatives all work in the city and sporadically visit that home.

Also, another update, I could use my WA Driving licence in WA to do my medical test for my and my spouse.

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
As a matter of surprise to the older post ,
Me and my spouse had sent request for PCC ( in different envelopes) and the shipment was delivered on 10/17/2019.

Miraculously , the PCC was received today 10/24/2019. [ Passport issued in Kolkata, India]

However. I am not able to track the status of my PCC, I mailed them twice this weal at :
to: misc.sf@mea.gov.in
cc: vcoci.sf@mea.gov.in
However no response, also I tried reaching the miscellaneous services via the IVR during the hours mentioned i.e working days from 2:00-4:30 PM PST, however, no luck to get an answer .

My passport was issued by SFO Consulate,

Any ideas how I can get a status / based on the trend, when I will get my PCC.

Also, I was wondering if the police station near to your address in India matters, because mine is in a village

prin999

May 3, 2019
Here's what I learned,

When the consulate in US receive PCC application they contact (RPO) passport office of the applicant in India. They then wait for them to reply on the applicant's passport status (kinda background check).

Now, depending on the RPO, some respond quick, and some don't. Sometimes the RPO may not respond in which case, the consulate try to contact or send reminder.

Technically, the consulate waits for a month for the RPO to respond, if they don't get a reply in 30 days, they are defaulted to issue the PCC. But this completely depends on the consulate.
My PCC took 3 months, after a ton of emails and calls.

Now, there is no way to track the process, you HAVE to wait at least 30 days after your application for them to respond on your application status.

Of course if you know anyone in the consulate or diplomat you could get PCC in a couple of days.

I am not scaring you with my experience, however be prepared, I would suggest you to contact your RPO and see if they can speed up the process.

Last edited:

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Here's what I learned,

When the consulate in US receive PCC application they contact (RPO) passport office of the applicant in India. They then wait for them to reply on the applicant's passport status (kinda background check).

Now, depending on the RPO, some respond quick, and some don't. Sometimes the RPO may not respond in which case, the consulate try to contact or send reminder.

Technically, the consulate waits for a month for the RPO to respond, if they don't get a reply in 30 days, they are defaulted to issue the PCC. But this completely depends on the consulate.
My PCC took 3 months, after a ton of emails and calls.

Now, there is no way to track the process, you HAVE to wait at least 30 days after your application for them to respond on your application status.

Of course if you know anyone in the consulate or diplomat you could get PCC in a couple of days.

I am not scaring you with my experience, however be prepared, I would suggest you to contact your RPO and see if they can speed up the process.
Thanks for the detailed and informative post :

Few Questions :
1. Was your consulate SFO as well.
2. They dont seem to reply to emails/ calls, how did you get a hold if them , is it that you had to be super persuasive and maybe call them many times and get lucky to get a chance to talk to them.
3. My current passport was issued from SFO Consulate and my old one from Kolkata, so in that case the RPO is Kolkata I assume, is this assumption correct ?

prin999

May 3, 2019
Thanks for the detailed and informative post :

Few Questions :
1. Was your consulate SFO as well. Yes
2. They dont seem to reply to emails/ calls, how did you get a hold if them , is it that you had to be super persuasive and maybe call them many times and get lucky to get a chance to talk to them. They will most likely ignore your email if you try to contact them less than 30 days of the application. Calling them will always (in my case) go unanswered.
3. My current passport was issued from SFO Consulate and my old one from Kolkata, so in that case the RPO is Kolkata I assume, is this assumption correct ? Yes, they contact the Indian address mentioned in the PCC application or the address on the passport. My latest passport is issued by SFO as well, however they contacted RPO of my Indian address.
I will suggest you to stay relaxed, get documents and other things in line. I believe you need Passport for medicals, if PCC takes longer than a month you can request them to send your passport(s) back through mail, and they will. Good luck.

Also, if you received ITA or get ITA during the process you can accept it, upload all documents and wait for the PCC. You can upload email conversation of the delayed PCC and pray that IRCC give you more time in-case you meet the ITA response deadline.

Other option is to decline the ITA IF YOU HAVE HIGH CRS SCORE and IF YOUR SCORE DOESN'T DECREASE IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.

-------------------
These are just suggestions and not legal advice.

Last edited:

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Phew, also got my PCC from SFO :

Timelines:
Docs delivered by mail to SFO Consulate : 17th Oct
Spouce PCC Received : October 24, 2019 - Passport Issued by RPO Kolkata
My PCC Received : October 31, 2019 , Passport Issued by SFO , Older Passport issued by RPO Kolkata

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hey Everyone, it may help if anyone comes back and reads this thread. I had gone to SF consulate on November 27, all the documents were correct for me. The cashier in the second counter it may take 2 to 3 weeks let me check. She got some print out from the psk portal and attached to my documents. She said "oh yeah, don't worry, you will get in one week." I got it in 6 days. including all the thanksgiving holiday and weekend holiday.

my timeline:
Submitted doc: 27 Nov.
Got notification on 3 December for my tracking activation on my fedex return package:
Documentation shipped from consulate: December 2.
Got the document on December 3.

Only problem was the shipping label on the envelope I gave them. I had from address as consulate address and to address as my home address. She asked me to change the to address as well to my home address because as I paid through my credit card, it won't accept the initial zip code from somewhere else. The initial zip code should match the zip code to the zip code on my credit card. I asked if there is not gonna be any problem as the from address is different, she said no problem at all.

There wasn't any problem at all.
DM me if you have any questions.

pk21

Dec 15, 2019
Hey Everyone, it may help if anyone comes back and reads this thread. I had gone to SF consulate on November 27, all the documents were correct for me. The cashier in the second counter it may take 2 to 3 weeks let me check. She got some print out from the psk portal and attached to my documents. She said "oh yeah, don't worry, you will get in one week." I got it in 6 days. including all the thanksgiving holiday and weekend holiday.

my timeline:
Submitted doc: 27 Nov.
Got notification on 3 December for my tracking activation on my fedex return package:
Documentation shipped from consulate: December 2.
Got the document on December 3.

Only problem was the shipping label on the envelope I gave them. I had from address as consulate address and to address as my home address. She asked me to change the to address as well to my home address because as I paid through my credit card, it won't accept the initial zip code from somewhere else. The initial zip code should match the zip code to the zip code on my credit card. I asked if there is not gonna be any problem as the from address is different, she said no problem at all.

There wasn't any problem at all.
DM me if you have any questions.
Hi,

1. Where was your passport issued?
2. DId they return the passport to you over the counter after verification and send the PCC in the fedex return package?

pk21

Dec 15, 2019
Girls/Guys,
I do not have a US address residence proof in my name since I am staying with a relative. ( no Lease, Drivers licence, utility bills ). I need to apply for a PCC ASAP.
Is there any way the consulate will accept my application , if i give some sort of undertaking. I have all the other documents to prove i have been in the US on a legal status.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi,

1. Where was your passport issued?
2. DId they return the passport to you over the counter after verification and send the PCC in the fedex return package?
1) My passport was issued in Bangalore, India. It was issues in 2013 (is that helps).
2) yes, they gave it back to me in the counter.

If your visa is expired, get other supporting documents to support your legal status.

prisonmike

Dec 9, 2019
Girls/Guys,
I do not have a US address residence proof in my name since I am staying with a relative. ( no Lease, Drivers licence, utility bills ). I need to apply for a PCC ASAP.
Is there any way the consulate will accept my application , if i give some sort of undertaking. I have all the other documents to prove i have been in the US on a legal status.
Check with the consulate. They clearly state that you need a residence proof in the US. misc.sf@mea.gov.in is where you can try your luck.