+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport was expired so how can my wife go to india for medical emergecny

mubeen241615

Star Member
Nov 24, 2008
Hi

My wife Indian Passport was expired and applied for new passport but still didn't get it .

My mother health is not good in india as she is in ICU so we are planning to go india

How can my wife can come to india ?
Can she able to travel on expired indian passport (or) do we need to go indian consulate in Vancouver (or) BC Surrey to get any document so that she can travel to india on emergency base

Please let us know

thanks
mubeen

crystalyue

Dec 19, 2016
They can expedite your wife's passport if you call the issuing consulate or embassy, traveling without a passport is not possible. Your only option is to expedite your wife's passport, unless she has a passport from a different country (Which may or may not need a visa depending on the issue of it)

that being said this is probably the wrong form for your question

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
mubeen241615 said:
Hi

My wife Indian Passport was expired and applied for new passport but still didn't get it .

My mother health is not good in india as she is in ICU so we are planning to go india

Can she able to travel on expired indian passport (or) do we need to go indian consulate in Vancouver (or) BC Surrey to get any document so that she can travel to india on emergency base

Please let us know

thanks
mubeen
Emergency passports are made within days. But with limited validity. You would have to get the regular one later...

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mubeen241615 said:
Hi

Please let us know

thanks
mubeen
Hi Mubeen,

In case Indian consulate is not moving fast enough- do send a tweet to India's Minister of External affairs (Sushma Swaraj).
Her twitter handle is @SushmaSwaraj

I have seen people reaching out to her, and getting benefited with prompt attention.

Good luck and hope your mother has a speedy recovery.