+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Surrender

MontrealIndian

Aug 19, 2022
Its been 8 days since the last update of "Surrender certificate has been printed". No more other updates. I am posting this for others who have been messaging me privately to know the processing time in Montreal BLS.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Its been 8 days since the last update of "Surrender certificate has been printed". No more other updates. I am posting this for others who have been messaging me privately to know the processing time in Montreal BLS.
Did you check BLS tracking, what does it say over there?

MontrealIndian

Aug 19, 2022
@forw.jane Thanks a lot. I did know that I can check in BLS site. It's says ready for collection. That's why few days ago I asked is there any other place to check the status other than the embassy site and I didn't get a correct reply. Thanks to you. I am going today to pic the SC.

Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
@forw.jane Thanks a lot. I did know that I can check in BLS site. It's says ready for collection. That's why few days ago I asked is there any other place to check the status other than the embassy site and I didn't get a correct reply. Thanks to you. I am going today to pic the SC.
Apply for OCI quickly, its too slow.

MontrealIndian

Aug 19, 2022
Hi @MontrealIndian quick question. Did you submit a copy of your Canadian passport for your surrender certificate application?
Hi @maaayankkk, I applied by walkin so I showed the Canadian passport and Citizenship Certificate to them. They checked and then returned to me. But if you are doing it by postal, then yes have to provide them original Canadian passport as well as Citizenship Certificate and they would return it to you in about 3 weeks.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I have travel plans to India in Feb end next year. All bookings in place since July and as expected in the middle citizenship application was completed. Received the Passports and it's been about a month that surrender certificate is lying with Indian Consulate. Anyone else facing similar delays.
Calling BLS makes you feel what kind of people you have to interact with as their whole focus is on booking shipping label with Purolator for you.

Don't know but why all travel plans coincide with delays from Indian Consulate as we need to still get OCI after surrender certificate receipt.

Why can't our administration keep things simple. What else is left to see once i gave citizenship certificate and passport original. Why can't the process of electronic certificate be there to make life easier.

Only good news is that E-Visa service have resumed.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have travel plans to India in Feb end next year. All bookings in place since July and as expected in the middle citizenship application was completed. Received the Passports and it's been about a month that surrender certificate is lying with Indian Consulate. Anyone else facing similar delays.
Calling BLS makes you feel what kind of people you have to interact with as their whole focus is on booking shipping label with Purolator for you.

Don't know but why all travel plans coincide with delays from Indian Consulate as we need to still get OCI after surrender certificate receipt.

Why can't our administration keep things simple. What else is left to see once i gave citizenship certificate and passport original. Why can't the process of electronic certificate be there to make life easier.

Only good news is that E-Visa service have resumed.
Which location did you submit your SC application?