+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

ram336

Apr 24, 2020
Hi All, recently we got our Canada passports and while filling passport surrendering application for my son age 7, in the third step it's asking for Spouce's name, even though in step 2 I mentioned as single and I am not able to go to the next step. Any suggestions?

ram336

Apr 24, 2020
Hi All, recently we got our Canada passports and while filling passport surrendering application for my son age 7, in the third step it's asking for Spouce's name, even though in step 2 I mentioned as single and I am not able to go to the next step. Any suggestions?

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
I see everyone timeline for SC certificate is now within 2-3 weeks .. Is anyone applied in this month(April) and got the SC? I am planning to apply in Mississauga office, just need to know the timeline for SC..

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I have to surrender my Indian passport. I noticed that I have to provide the copy of Canadian passport. Do I have to sign on page 3 of my Canadian passport?

If yes then how do you sign 3rd of page of Canadian passport where it says signature of bearer. Do I just simply write my name or regular signature which I use everywhere (Indian passport, bank, etc)

Please help me with this.

jyojyoti

Apr 8, 2018
Hi All,
qq i created my passport surrender application on 17 march 2024 and now its April 2024. will that be okay or should I create a new one? please advise

jyojyoti

Apr 8, 2018
$1.7 ke liye unko bolo ke photo paste karein ;)
If you are submitting in person, do not sign on the document.. Go there and sign off
hey, would u be able to advise which all docs required for the BLS passport Surrender form? want to make sure that I don't miss any of the docs.
i already signed the forms and am going in person so I will take the printout again :(
docs I took:-
1.) Passport surrender application (filled in all details; did not sign on the last page yet)
2.) 1 copy each for Indian and Canadian passport
3.) copy of canadian certificate
4.) hard copy of indian and canadian passports
5.) BLS fee in cash
6.) 2 photos
7.) ulility bill
8.)checklist front page

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
hey, would u be able to advise which all docs required for the BLS passport Surrender form? want to make sure that I don't miss any of the docs.
i already signed the forms and am going in person so I will take the printout again :(
docs I took:-
1.) Passport surrender application (filled in all details; did not sign on the last page yet)
2.) 1 copy each for Indian and Canadian passport
3.) copy of canadian certificate
4.) hard copy of indian and canadian passports
5.) BLS fee in cash
6.) 2 photos
7.) ulility bill
8.)checklist front page
Whatever copies of supporting documents you are submitting carry the originals for it
ie Original Passport(IND and CAN), Citizenship Certificates, Marriage Certificates(if you are married) Proof of Address (DL or Utility Bill)
Although they don’t ask BLS hain to prepare for all possibilities carry the original and copy of the CoPR as well.
regarding the photo if you haven’t taken one get it done at BLS. I am not sure if requirement now calls for 1 or 2 photos
You can make the payment through Debit card. If you pay cash they ask for exact amount.
Regarding Checklist print all pages not the front page they will reject your application or force you to shell out more money just for printing extra pages at BLS

jyojyoti

Apr 8, 2018
Whatever copies of supporting documents you are submitting carry the originals for it
ie Original Passport(IND and CAN), Citizenship Certificates, Marriage Certificates(if you are married) Proof of Address (DL or Utility Bill)
Although they don’t ask BLS hain to prepare for all possibilities carry the original and copy of the CoPR as well.
regarding the photo if you haven’t taken one get it done at BLS. I am not sure if requirement now calls for 1 or 2 photos
You can make the payment through Debit card. If you pay cash they ask for exact amount.
Regarding Checklist print all pages not the front page they will reject your application or force you to shell out more money just for printing extra pages at BLS
Thanks so much i will keep extact cash. And i will be printinh all pages of the checklist tokorrow. For photographs, i got it done at London drugs so those are already verified by them so Bls cant reject them.
1) Do u know if i can request pickup? I live close by and get free around 2pm so i was planning to go myself to pick the documents
2) And also while filling my online application, i wrote Bc but not the full name…will that be an issue?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks so much i will keep extact cash. And i will be printinh all pages of the checklist tokorrow. For photographs, i got it done at London drugs so those are already verified by them so Bls cant reject them.
1) Do u know if i can request pickup? I live close by and get free around 2pm so i was planning to go myself to pick the documents
2) And also while filling my online application, i wrote Bc but not the full name…will that be an issue?
It will depend on the BLS location I believe you are in Surrey, so not sure if they will be flexible to allow in person collection, but you can be crafty in your response when they are going to charge you for courier saying, you will be traveling to the US eg and won’t be home to receive the courier or you shifting your home and at present do not have details on your no home so courier will not work
It should work, but if you have time just type a new application and keep it ready in case your first application does not work so you have the new one ready with full name.

Regarding the photographs, I will not give you high hopes.. be prepared to get them clicked again at BLS... I would again recommend you, pay through Debit card

Last edited:

Ethen

Apr 12, 2024
Ottawa
I too had similar issues. So please follow the below steps:
1) Go back to the previous page and make the status as married.Save and go to next page.
2) In the next page enter some random alphabets in Spouse section and save it.
3) Go back to the previous page and make status as single.Save and go to next page.
4) Now it wont prompt for the spouse details.
If this doesnt fix the problem, repeat the steps from 1-4.

It worked for me.

frooty9999

Apr 10, 2024
For people trying to apply via postal applications. If you are applying for family together, you will still have to get separate money order or Demand drafts for each of them, as they do not allow the pick up in same purolator package. You will have to pay for each family member-separate pick ups and drop offs total 122$ for each person
BLS running separate business on the side by charging extortion of money without any reason. I mailed them , with return packages with Canada post for 60$ all together, for the same application, I am now paying 244$ for the same purpose which will basically take my all documents and reach at the same location.

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
For people trying to apply via postal applications. If you are applying for family together, you will still have to get separate money order or Demand drafts for each of them, as they do not allow the pick up in same purolator package. You will have to pay for each family member-separate pick ups and drop offs total 122$ for each person
BLS running separate business on the side by charging extortion of money without any reason. I mailed them , with return packages with Canada post for 60$ all together, for the same application, I am now paying 244$ for the same purpose which will basically take my all documents and reach at the same location.
BLS and Purolator working hand in hand to fleece the public.
It's outrageous that they can get away with such blatant daylight robbery :mad: