+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender & Tourist Visa

Panky79

Jan 6, 2021
Any Person of Indian origin here who went through experience of Indian passport surrender and tourist visa after becoming Canadian Citizen? Can you please help with some answers?

My questions are:

Q1.How long it takes to surrender Indian Passport?

Q2.Can I apply for Tourist visa at same time as surrender application?

I am planning vacation in 2nd week September. Applied for Canadian passport on April 29th by mail. Hopefully it comes by July 2nd week. I already booked 2 appointments for same time slot on BLS Vancouver for passport and visa for July 15th.

Q3. Is there enough time to get surrender certificate and tourist visa between July 15 to Sep 9th (planned travel date)?

Q4. Indian passport has my entire name in given name and My Canadian citizenship certificate and therefore passport will have entire name in surname… is that going to create any problem with Indian passport surrender?

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Any Person of Indian origin here who went through experience of Indian passport surrender and tourist visa after becoming Canadian Citizen? Can you please help with some answers?

My questions are:

Depends on Jurisdiction. In Vancouver i think its pretty fast takes around 10 days based on current timelilnes

Yes. You should consider applying for entry visa (this is for prior Indian citizens) processing time is only one week
Tourist visa takes a month of processing time

I am planning vacation in 2nd week September. Applied for Canadian passport on April 29th by mail. Hopefully it comes by July 2nd week. I already booked 2 appointments for same time slot on BLS Vancouver for passport and visa for July 15th.

Q3. Is there enough time to get surrender certificate and tourist visa between July 15 to Sep 9th (planned travel date)?
Yes

Q4. Indian passport has my entire name in given name and My Canadian citizenship certificate and therefore passport will have entire name in surname… is that going to create any problem with Indian passport surrender?
You should consider posting this in OCI thread. I dont know the answer though

PatelTirth

Mar 20, 2017

My questions are:

Hey Did you manage to apply for Surrender certificate and Visa at same time ?