+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender by courier; pick-up, drop-ff

akhirti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Toronto
Hey guys, I wanted to submit the application for surrender certificate by mail as the appointments are too far into the future.
As per the application, they require original Canadian passport along with the copy. When mailing in the application, would I be sending my original Canadian passport as well?
If so, would I wait for the same time to receive the surrender certificate as I would to receive back my Canadian passport?

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist-and-Information-Booklet-for-Surrender-Certificate.pdf

(e) Canadian / Foreign Passport (Original and copy)
Please enclose photo page of your Canadian / Foreign Passport having photographs and details of your passport. Original Passport is required to be submitted for verification, it will be returned back after verification. Copies must be self-attested (signed) by the applicant.

Is it any different when visiting them in person with the Canadian passport; ie, do you get the passport back immediately after verification?

Thanks

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hey guys, I wanted to submit the application for surrender certificate by mail as the appointments are too far into the future.
As per the application, they require original Canadian passport along with the copy. When mailing in the application, would I be sending my original Canadian passport as well?
If so, would I wait for the same time to receive the surrender certificate as I would to receive back my Canadian passport?

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist-and-Information-Booklet-for-Surrender-Certificate.pdf

Please enclose photo page of your Canadian / Foreign Passport having photographs and details of your passport. Original Passport is required to be submitted for verification, it will be returned back after verification. Copies must be self-attested (signed) by the applicant.

Is it any different when visiting them in person with the Canadian passport; ie, do you get the passport back immediately after verification?

Thanks
IN PERSON DEPOSITED AFTER VERIFY THEY RETURN YOUR ORE GENIAL PAPER

_neil

Apr 30, 2016

Thanks
Hi! Did you end up mailing in your application? I want to do the same but I can't send in my original Canadian pp.
TIA

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

Thanks
I would not mail them my Canadian Passport. Enough messages here about Purolator losing original documents, in addition to exorbitant courier charges. If you make a mistake in the application, be prepared for another courier.

You have three years to surrender you Indian Passport so you can wait till you get an appointment without any penalty, provided you don't use it for any kind of travel.