+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal

Sep 16, 2021
Hi,
I am Canadian PR holder with Indian passport. My passport is Expiring in Feb,2022 and I have to go to India in January,2022. Due to my work commitments I can't renew passport in Canada.
Can I get my passport renewed in India ?

Thanks

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi,
I am Canadian PR holder with Indian passport. My passport is Expiring in Feb,2022 and I have to go to India in January,2022. Due to my work commitments I can't renew passport in Canada.
Can I get my passport renewed in India ?

Thanks
Yes, you can get it renewed in India.
It is cheaper, easier, and faster to get a passport if you apply from India. Try to apply in Tatkal mode if you can, in which case you'll get your passport within a week

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
I applied for my passport renewal more than a month ago. Got police verification after a week. But nothing after that. In the email for police verification it was written if nothing heard in 3 weeks contact the police station. I contacted the police station in Andamans and now they say they didn't receive anything. I changed my address after marriage. What should I do now?

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
I applied for my passport renewal more than a month ago. Got police verification after a week. But nothing after that. In the email for police verification it was written if nothing heard in 3 weeks contact the police station. I contacted the police station in Andamans and now they say they didn't receive anything. I changed my address after marriage. What should I do now?
Normal processing time for passports applied in Canada takes around 4 weeks to 8 weeks. Since your police jurisdiction is Andamans, where they might not be connected to the Indian police’s digital network relating to passport, your police verification request report must have been sent by post from the Indian diplomatic mission to the Andamans.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
I have given my spouse's address proofs and marriage proof to update the address. Would that become an issue? I don't have a proof of my new address

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
I have given my spouse's address proofs and marriage proof to update the address. Would that become an issue? I don't have a proof of my new address
You can write a letter addressed to the consulate stating that you don't have an address proof in your name and state that you live with your spouse and are submitting your spouse's address proof and marriage evidence.
Ultimately, it's the consulate decision to accept it or not.

ShivaniRN

Sep 13, 2021
You can write a letter addressed to the consulate stating that you don't have an address proof in your name and state that you live with your spouse and are submitting your spouse's address proof and marriage evidence.
Ultimately, it's the consulate decision to accept it or not.
I got my aaddhar card address changed based on the marriage certificate before applying for the passport. Did BLS accept your passport renewal application?

Ramesh Dutta

Jul 17, 2017
Hi,

I am PR holder with Indian passport holder. I am going to apply for renewal of passport. Can I retain my Indian address on my application for passport renewal as I stay in rented apartment and my address will change in future?

Is there anyone who recently renewed their passport with Indian address?

Thanks in advance.

Sujathj

May 15, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Hello
I need to renew my passport for me and my kids.Passport is due to expire in 7 months. My questions are
1. Do I have to include personal particulars form for all?
2. When i choose to send the application, will that be in different parcels or all separate applications enclosed in an envelope mailed together as one courier. I hope you understood what I meant.
3.Which option is better? Can we go to a purolator center and ask about return as well ? Or asking the BLS to print the label for us?
Thank you

sheetus

Sep 30, 2022
Hi
I need to renew my Indian passport that is due to expire later this year.

I called BLS international at 6478464077 to inquire about pick up drop off process and was told that we do not have a choice but to use Purolator as BSL will not accept if sent through Canada post or any other service. Is this correct as sending through Purolator is more expensive?

Also, the person generated and emailed a link to me for payment and the payment is $90 (pickup & dropoff)
However, if I go through https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/pickup-and-drop.php, the payment is $60 (pickup & dropoff). I am not sure which one to trust.
Anyone has an experience using pickup dropoff service for Passport renewal?
How much did you pay?
which of the above 2 payment methods should be trusted?

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi
I need to renew my Indian passport that is due to expire later this year.

I called BLS international at 6478464077 to inquire about pick up drop off process and was told that we do not have a choice but to use Purolator as BSL will not accept if sent through Canada post or any other service. Is this correct as sending through Purolator is more expensive?

Also, the person generated and emailed a link to me for payment and the payment is $90 (pickup & dropoff)
However, if I go through https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/pickup-and-drop.php, the payment is $60 (pickup & dropoff). I am not sure which one to trust.
Anyone has an experience using pickup dropoff service for Passport renewal?
How much did you pay?
which of the above 2 payment methods should be trusted?
Yes, we can only use Porolator. I had applied for it back in 2021 so it could be possible that it has changed. I would suggest that you go with the payment you made on phone, you can contact them again for some clarification since depending where you live, the total payment cost might differ.