+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal (Toronto, COVID) - Original Documents

flimsymammoth

Nov 25, 2018
Hi all,

For those that have renewed their Indian passport from the Toronto/Brampton BLS centre by Applying by Post.

The Toronto-based application checklist seems to ask for submission of your Original PR Card and Co-PR/Landing papers in the postal application, along with copies. I checked the Ottawa-based checklist and it states to only submit copies of these (no originals) if submitting by mail.

Do any of you have experience with submitting Original PR card by mail to the Toronto/Brampton BLS centre? Is this required, and is it returned in a timely manner with the fresh passport? A bit nervous sending originals by mail.

Tried reaching out to BLS by email and phone, but no response.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: saravanan_B

saravanan_B

Jun 18, 2014
Same here. I want to renew my passport with my spouse name. How did you do your passport renewal at the Toronto/Brampton BLS office.

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi all,

Can anyone share their experience if sending "original" documents like PR card or Driver's license is mandatory or we can only attach the photocopies for the process of Passport renewal?

Thanks

tonitigers

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Hi all,

Can anyone share their experience if sending "original" documents like PR card or Driver's license is mandatory or we can only attach the photocopies for the process of Passport renewal?

Thanks
Only original passport is required . No other original documents.

Reactions: G Deep