+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal in Toronto

newindia78

Nov 25, 2013
Dear All,

I am citizen of India (holding an Indian passport) and am currently in Canada on a PR. My passport is expiring in Mar 2014; hence I submitted an application for re-issue of my passport at the BLS office. I had got married in 2005; hence I filled in my marital status as 'Married' and also inputted the name of my spouse. (I did not have my old passport updated with SPOUSE name)

However when I went to submit my application at BLS office, they refused to accept it and the reason specified was that I did not attach an attested copy of my marriage certificate from Ministry of External Affairs, Patiala House, New Delhi. I had carried and produced my ORIGINAL marriage certificate issued from New Delhi, India; despite this, my application was not accepted ! When I am producing & submitting my original marriage certificate as part of the application, I fail to understand the requirement for only accepting attested copies from MEA, Patiala House, New Delhi. If I was not submitting my original marriage certificate I can still understand the need for submitting attested copy; but if I am submitting the original, I dont see as to why my application cant be accepted and processed.

A few weeks back I had also applied for OCI for my 1 year old son and submitted the same original marriage certificate and it was accepted for processing his application and returned back to me after verification. So why can't the same original marriage certificate be used for processing my passport renewal application ?

Now I dont know what to do !! Do I need to travel to India to get my passport renewed ???? Has anyone encountered such a similar situation ? Any help will be really appreciated !

Thanks

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
newindia78 said:
Dear All,

I am citizen of India (holding an Indian passport) and am currently in Canada on a PR. My passport is expiring in Mar 2014; hence I submitted an application for re-issue of my passport at the BLS office. I had got married in 2005; hence I filled in my marital status as 'Married' and also inputted the name of my spouse. (I did not have my old passport updated with SPOUSE name)

However when I went to submit my application at BLS office, they refused to accept it and the reason specified was that I did not attach an attested copy of my marriage certificate from Ministry of External Affairs, Patiala House, New Delhi. I had carried and produced my ORIGINAL marriage certificate issued from New Delhi, India; despite this, my application was not accepted ! When I am producing & submitting my original marriage certificate as part of the application, I fail to understand the requirement for only accepting attested copies from MEA, Patiala House, New Delhi. If I was not submitting my original marriage certificate I can still understand the need for submitting attested copy; but if I am submitting the original, I dont see as to why my application cant be accepted and processed.

A few weeks back I had also applied for OCI for my 1 year old son and submitted the same original marriage certificate and it was accepted for processing his application and returned back to me after verification. So why can't the same original marriage certificate be used for processing my passport renewal application ?

Now I dont know what to do !! Do I need to travel to India to get my passport renewed ???? Has anyone encountered such a similar situation ? Any help will be really appreciated !

Thanks
Sir

I am sure that this makes easier for you and many to understand why Bangladesh , India and Pakistan are lagging behind , and Canada progressing

Stay Blessed