Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Anyone still waiting for their passport renewal?
Walkin application to BLS Brampton on 1st Sep 2021. its been 1.5 months and still says "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."

Website says 2 months for passport processing at Toronto location. Is it normal timeline these days?
Same with my mother’s passport renewal. Applied on Aug 30

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
You should reach out to consulate through their email id for the status of the application as it is not within the normal processing time.
Thanks. Have written email to them but not getting any response. which email/ contact no. is best to reach out to them ?

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Hello! Does anyone know the latest processing time for tatkal re-issue of passports? My husband did his in April 2021 and his tatkal app took 3-4 weeks. I imagine that was due to the lockdowns. Is it any quicker now?

saa.kareem

Oct 25, 2021
For those who are wondering why the status is "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" for too long. Sometimes there might be some updates on the application but the status on passport.gov.in website doesn't reflect it.

To know the exact status of the application there is a workaround. Please follow the steps below

These steps might be difficult to follow for some but it might help some web developers/software engineers out there who might find it a little easier to follow than others.

1. Go to https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
2. Right click on the page and click on inspect from the menu
3. There will be browser related developer tools which will open adjust the height of developer tools so that you will be able to click on Track status dialog
4. Click on the Track status dialog and fill out the information regarding your application and click Track application status button
5. Now in the browser developer tools you can see network tab which is basically 4th option in chrome click on it
6. Now you can see a service call that is made with name trackStatusForFileNoNew click on it and this service returns a response which contains all the status updates on your application
7. If you scroll through the service response you will be able to see statusMap -> StatusId object when you click on it it will again return a list of all updates on your application and who performed that action and on what date it is updated.

I applied in BLS Ottawa and my status updates gave all the information. I even knew my passport number and the tracking number of the courier for the passport that has been printed in Delhi and dispatched to Ottawa. Using that tracking number I was able to find out that they have dispatched it through DHL Express and was able to track when it is delivered to HCI Ottawa.

I used aftership to know the name of courier through which my passport is dispatched from new delhi and to follow the status updates of delivery https://www.aftership.com/track

Once it is delivered I called the HCI Ottawa and requested them if I can pick up my passport in person as I had my flight in two days after it was delivered to HCI. Luckily I got my passport just in time before my travel date. I know it is stupid to book the tickets in advance but I didn't realize that the passport renewal process is so slow especially in BLS Ottawa.

Normally HCI dispatches the passport to BLS Ottawa after a week once they receive it and BLS Ottawa takes 1 or 2 days to dispatch it to applicant via Purolator.

My status updates on backend:

EVENT_DESCEMP_ACTIONSTATUS_DESC
1Passport Number XXXXXX dispatched through International Post/Courier with tracking no XXXXXXXX to issuing Mission/Post.Passport sent by CPPF to Issuing Mission/PostPassport sent by CPPF to Issuing RPO
2QC Accepted and Dispatch Initiated: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalDispatch InitiatedDispatch Initiated
3Printed: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalPrintedPrinted
4nullPrint InitiatedPrint Initiated
5PVR for XXXXXXXXX-PPF-CA is Approved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceApproved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceSubmitted
6PV InitiatedPV Initiated
7Granting Status Set as 'Clear'ClearApplication Granted on pre police verification basis
8Sent To GoGranting Initiated
9nullApplication Form UpdatedSubmitted
10Grant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to CSE
11Sent To GoGranting Initiated
12nullApplication Form SubmittedSubmitted
I am not in Canada, nor am I pursuing immigration to Canada. I just applied for an Indian passport renewal from a totally different part of the world and this information helped me. I created an account here just to thank this person. THANK YOU!

ShivaniRN

Sep 13, 2021
Hi All, My application status at Passport Seva Portal is still showing Printed; however, BLS shows that it's "Ready for Dispatch". Any idea if it's going to be dispatched from Consulate to BLS or from BLS to me? Thank you in advance.

masan

Oct 16, 2020
Hi All, My application status at Passport Seva Portal is still showing Printed; however, BLS shows that it's "Ready for Dispatch". Any idea if it's going to be dispatched from Consulate to BLS or from BLS to me? Thank you in advance.
You will receive it in next 1-2 days....can you pls share your timeline for renewal

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Got my passport yesterday.
Walk-in appointment at BLS Toronto on Sept 30
Under Processing on Oct 13
Printed status October 18
Delivered Oct 25

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
I finally got a response from CGI about my mother's passport application.
They mentioned old passport info is absent on the system and they have escalated to RPO Delhi. Anyone else had this same issue ?

Reactions: xmanprash

srmocher

Apr 15, 2021
My postal application has been marked as "returned" because my photo specifications are incorrect. Anyone know how to track the return of the package? I already paid for the Pickup and drop-off service through Purolator when I initiated the application.

xmanprash

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
I am not in Canada, nor am I pursuing immigration to Canada. I just applied for an Indian passport renewal from a totally different part of the world and this information helped me. I created an account here just to thank this person. THANK YOU!
This was really helpful.
mine says "Grant On Hold Send to CSE". not sure what this means... I googled and found that CSE means Customer service executive".

I submitted application on 1st Sep 2021 and this last update was on 27th Sep 2021 and no movement after that.

ShivaniRN

Sep 13, 2021
You will receive it in next 1-2 days....can you pls share your timeline for renewal
Passport received on 10/26
Passport status on BLS website: "Ready for Dispatch" on 10/25
Passport printed on 10/20
Passport print initiated on 10/18.
Passport application submitted on 9/15 via postal services.
Old passport status changed to "Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office."

ShivaniRN

Sep 13, 2021
My postal application has been marked as "returned" because my photo specifications are incorrect. Anyone know how to track the return of the package? I already paid for the Pickup and drop-off service through Purolator when I initiated the application.
When you will get the returned package, you will also get a reason for rejection. Did you have any change in particulars and applied through tatkal? That is one of the reasons for rejection.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Got my passport yesterday.
Walk-in appointment at BLS Toronto on Sept 30
Under Processing on Oct 13
Printed status October 18
Delivered Oct 25
did they delivered at your house? if yes, did the delivery guy required signature or just left the package and ran away?