+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
Haven't seen this update yet. Can you share what other updates you've received so far? Also, an approximate timeline of your application would be helpful.
Application was received at BLS Ottawa 27-July-2020 (I know this is Toronto thread)
BLS status Processing at high commission since 18-Aug-2020
Police verification done 10-Sept-2020

I only find out last Friday that there is another link to check status. I don't know what were the previous status on passport India portal.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Application was received at BLS Ottawa 27-July-2020 (I know this is Toronto thread)
BLS status Processing at high commission since 18-Aug-2020
Police verification done 10-Sept-2020

I only find out last Friday that there is another link to check status. I don't know what were the previous status on passport India portal.
Which links to track have you been using?

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
I called BLS yesterday and lady over phone was surprised when I told her about the status on govt portal.

According to her BLS did not received passport and she refused to answer when I asked HCI has hand over the passport.
She said she can not tell how BLS process internally.

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
My application status on the passportindia.gov website has been "Print has been initiated for passport" for a week now (since 29 Sept). Any suggestions on how long it takes to get the passport at this point? I submitted my application in person on August 27 at BLS Toronto (Lawrence East).

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
My application status on the passportindia.gov website has been "Print has been initiated for passport" for a week now (since 29 Sept). Any suggestions on how long it takes to get the passport at this point? I submitted my application in person on August 27 at BLS Toronto (Lawrence East).
It is really hard to guess. People at BLS are worst than government employee nowdays.

Reactions: Immigreat81

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
It is really hard to guess. People at BLS are worst than government employee nowdays.
It wouldn't bother me as much if they didn't keep the original passport during the application process. I'm only worries incase I need to travel back to India in an emergency. My current passport still had a few months if validity left.

vijayniranjan04

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
hi every one , i submitted for passport renewal , and looks like the application forum didnt have the police station details so a person called from indian embassy and asked to send her the details , but i dont know how ? , i checked with BLS , they couldnt find any way how to send the details nor the person from indian embassy shared details , any body faced this

currently status : Processing at Consulate General

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
hi every one , i submitted for passport renewal , and looks like the application forum didnt have the police station details so a person called from indian embassy and asked to send her the details , but i dont know how ? , i checked with BLS , they couldnt find any way how to send the details nor the person from indian embassy shared details , any body faced this

currently status : Processing at Consulate General
Send email to your High Commission. You can find email on High commission website

vijayniranjan04

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Send email to your High Commission. You can find email on High commission website
thanks , i did send email the next minute yesterday to the below email id in the passport - consec.toronto@mea.gov.in

didnt get any reply or acknowledgement

Also dont know how many of them noticed it , once we create the application in https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html and print , i didnt see the police station details which i selected in the drop down while submitting the application . !! i found this after sending the application to them.

Consulate General of India, Toronto, Canada
365 Bloor St E #700, Toronto, ON M4W 3L4, Canada

Telephone : +1 416-960-0751,

Working Days : Monday to Friday (9:00am to 5:30pm) except public holidays.
Submission Time : 9.30 AM - 12.30 PM
Collection : 3.00 PM - 4.00 PM or
As informed at the time of submission of application
Please Note : No queries will entertained after public dealing hours.
Emergency No.+1- 647-6684108

For specific queries, write in to :
Visa: visa.toronto@mea.gov.in
OCI: oci.toronto@mea.gov.in
Passport: consec.toronto@mea.gov.in
Commerce: com.toronto@mea.gov.in
Attestation/Surrender Certificate/PCC : cons.toronto@mea.gov.in

Last edited:

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
My passport application status is showing:- Passport has been handed over by the Embassy/Consulate to the OSP executive for further dispatch to the applicant.

Does this mean that renewal is done and they will courier it to me now? Can I check the courier status with bls?